What products keeps natural hair moisturized, that you can find instores?

Okay, hey everyone I'm 14 years of age I'm pretty good with knowing what and what not to buy. Like, avoiding such items as: parabens, mineral oil, silicones, petrolatum, etc,. But, nothing I buy seems to keep my hair moisturized and soft, for the whole day. I use Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie that works to keep my hair moisturized for days I love that stuff on twist outs. I just want something that can keep my hair moisturized for atleast 1-3 days.
So if you know of any at reasonable prices please let me know, Thanks!:afro:

Comments

• theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    I wish i knew want you knew at 14. i would have had a lot easier time in high school! anywho, have you tried honey? it's amazing, you may have heard this a million times, but i'm telling you again, it really does work. my hair was so dry it was like a desert! i add it my condish. I use to no poo, but now i just wash with a cv shampoo bar once a month. i condish with honey a couple times a week. and dt with honey a couple times a month. HTH.
  • crazysexycurlycrazysexycurly Posts: 4Registered Users
    i am a 3b, (not a lover of protein) and found that alternating these products works. I co-wash with garnier triple moisture conditioners use leave-in conditioners like jane carter's revitalizing leave in conditioner, and Shea moisture restorative conditioning milk for 2nd and 3rd day hair all found at Target.
    Curly is a way of life.
  • 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    Okay, hey everyone I'm 14 years of age I'm pretty good with knowing what and what not to buy. Like, avoiding such items as: parabens, mineral oil, silicones, parabens, etc,. But, nothing I buy seems to keep my hair moisturized and soft, for the whole day. I use Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie that works to keep my hair moisturized for days I love that stuff on twist outs. I just want something that can keep my hair moisturized for atleast 1-3 days.
    Post this on one of the forums for your curl type. You might get more responses.

I think the info you have gotten from the ladies here is helpful.

I add a tablespoon or so of honey to my deep conditioners and that goes a long way toward keeping moisture in my hair longer.

Also, the Target Shea Mositure line is great. I see you use the smoothie; do you use the curl milk? It gives a lot of moisture and works well for second day hair. I like to spritz with a bit of water and apply the curl milk (I am a wash and go girl, I don't know if you do protective styles, but if you are all about twists and twistouts this will work. Do that to your twists or spritz, add SM Curl Milk and retwist at night for twistouts) and go (it is also 70 degrees where I live, so tweak this to fit your climate).

I am also leaning toward the SM Restorative Milk (I will try this when I run out of the Curl Milk), since you get more in the bottle for the price. Random.

Let us know how it works for you!
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • FronomenalFronomenal Curl Neophyte Posts: 712Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Shea Moisture DTM-->Leave-In/Moisturizer/Styler
    Unrefined Shea Butter-->End Sealant/Pomade
    Lily of The Dessert Aloe Vera Gel -->Moisturizer; Addition to spritz, shea Butter mix, leave-in conditioners, deep treatments, etc
    Honey-->Humectant; add to spritz, shea Butter mix, leave-in conditioners, deep treatments, etc)
    Glycerin-->Humectant; add to spritz, shea Butter mix, leave-in conditioners, etc
    Coconut Milk-->rinse or deep treatment

Shea Butter can be found at a local African or Caribbean grocery store, a beauty supply store or online at a place like Butters-n-bars.com (where I get mine). Lily of the Dessert Aloe Vera Gel can be found at Whole Foods, GNC, etc. Honey and coconut milk can be found at grocery stores. Glycerin can found at grocery stores, convenience store (Rite Aid, etc) and health food stores.

• Naturally_UniqueNaturally_Unique Posts: 7Registered Users
    thelio wrote: »
    I wish i knew want you knew at 14. i would have had a lot easier time in high school! anywho, have you tried honey? it's amazing, you may have heard this a million times, but i'm telling you again, it really does work. my hair was so dry it was like a desert! i add it my condish. I use to no poo, but now i just wash with a cv shampoo bar once a month. i condish with honey a couple times a week. and dt with honey a couple times a month. HTH.

Thanks and sorry I'm late repying I haven't logged in, in awhile but, thanks. I will be trying this today because I happen to have some honey in the kitchen:)
    i am a 3b, (not a lover of protein) and found that alternating these products works. I co-wash with garnier triple moisture conditioners use leave-in conditioners like jane carter's revitalizing leave in conditioner, and Shea moisture restorative conditioning milk for 2nd and 3rd day hair all found at Target.

Sorry for the late reply. But, I'm 4b&4c and my hair hates proteins, but I love target's natural hair care line. But, I was thinking about trying Jane Carter and/or the Curlz line. Thanks:)
    sagehen wrote: »
    Okay, hey everyone I'm 14 years of age I'm pretty good with knowing what and what not to buy. Like, avoiding such items as: parabens, mineral oil, silicones, parabens, etc,. But, nothing I buy seems to keep my hair moisturized and soft, for the whole day. I use Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie that works to keep my hair moisturized for days I love that stuff on twist outs. I just want something that can keep my hair moisturized for atleast 1-3 days.

Post this on one of the forums for your curl type. You might get more responses.

I think the info you have gotten from the ladies here is helpful.

I add a tablespoon or so of honey to my deep conditioners and that goes a long way toward keeping moisture in my hair longer.

Also, the Target Shea Mositure line is great. I see you use the smoothie; do you use the curl milk? It gives a lot of moisture and works well for second day hair. I like to spritz with a bit of water and apply the curl milk (I am a wash and go girl, I don't know if you do protective styles, but if you are all about twists and twistouts this will work. Do that to your twists or spritz, add SM Curl Milk and retwist at night for twistouts) and go (it is also 70 degrees where I live, so tweak this to fit your climate).

I am also leaning toward the SM Restorative Milk (I will try this when I run out of the Curl Milk), since you get more in the bottle for the price. Random.

Let us know how it works for you!

Sorry I'm late repying and no I haven't tried the SM Curl Milk but, I'll be open to try it. I do, do twist-out and braid-outs alot so maybe I'll try this. I live in Florida like Northern part and it's in the 50's and 60's. Thanks:)
    Fronomenal wrote: »
    Shea Moisture DTM-->Leave-In/Moisturizer/Styler
    Unrefined Shea Butter-->End Sealant/Pomade
    Lily of The Dessert Aloe Vera Gel -->Moisturizer; Addition to spritz, shea Butter mix, leave-in conditioners, deep treatments, etc
    Honey-->Humectant; add to spritz, shea Butter mix, leave-in conditioners, deep treatments, etc)
    Glycerin-->Humectant; add to spritz, shea Butter mix, leave-in conditioners, etc
    Coconut Milk-->rinse or deep treatment

Shea Butter can be found at a local African or Caribbean grocery store, a beauty supply store or online at a place like Butters-n-bars.com (where I get mine). Lily of the Dessert Aloe Vera Gel can be found at Whole Foods, GNC, etc. Honey and coconut milk can be found at grocery stores. Glycerin can found at grocery stores, convenience store (Rite Aid, etc) and health food stores.

Sorry I'm late replying, but I've happened to order some Shea Butter online the other day and Coconut Oil. I've been thinking about using Glycerin everyone says it attracts moisture from the air and stuff and that Aloe Vera Gel keeps your hair really soft. Thanks if I happen to stop by one of the stores with my mom I'll see if they have it available!:)
  • DimePiece17DimePiece17 Posts: 521Registered Users
    Adding honey to your conditioner is really the way to go. My hair loves it. I've tried all other moisturizers nothing keeps the hair as soft. Aloe vera gel actually dried kind of crunchy on my hair, so I didn't like it.

I also really like Knot today by kinky curly...you can buy it at target.

Curls has a curls refresher that I purchased from target. It contains glycerin and it really helps, too.

Good Luck!
    Beauty Tips for the Budgetista?
    Check me out on Youtube, Tumblr, FB, and Twitter!
    DimepieceonaDime-FB PAGE, Youtube Channel, and Tumblr
    Dimefabulous-Twitter name
    http://dimepieceonadime.tumblr.com/
    Hairguru17 wrote: »
    Adding honey to your conditioner is really the way to go. My hair loves it. I've tried all other moisturizers nothing keeps the hair as soft. Aloe vera gel actually dried kind of crunchy on my hair, so I didn't like it.

I also really like Knot today by kinky curly...you can buy it at target.

Curls has a curls refresher that I purchased from target. It contains glycerin and it really helps, too.

Good Luck!

Thanks! When my latest twist-out gets old, I'll add honey to the conditioner I just bought( Suave's Almond & Shea Butter Conditioner)and try it. I've heard lots of great comments about it so, thanks again:toothy5:
  • Tati-AnaTati-Ana Posts: 133Registered Users
    I'm looking for a kind of deep treatment suitable for applying regularly (once a week). I prefer natural stuff and read lots of excited comments about using honey. Did someone have experience with honey deep treatments? does it work good for a 3a/b hair type? Probably some tipps for preparing the treatment and ingredients? I appreciate your help in advance. Tanja
    "Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get" George Bernard Shaw
  • kathrinrichkathrinrich Posts: 10Registered Users
    All that stuff you've been using is crap. I've tried every kind of stuff out there, including brands that cost 10-30 bucks a bottle. Kirastese, Aveda, Nioxin, you name it. I always go back to Pantene Pro-V. ALWAYS. It is the only thing that makes my hair feels, thick, smooth, healthy, and bouncy. I've learned through experience.
  • april_4_usapril_4_us Posts: 8Registered Users
    How much honey do you add to conditioners and or spray bottles!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file