The Holy Grail for Curls

witless.writerwitless.writer Registered Users Posts: 2
...is what this site has become.

After 5 years of visiting this site on a weekly basis, I decided to join the forum to get the words of wisdom straight from the Knights of the Curl Table (which would be all of you!).

The irritating thing about being a newbie is the need for a profile. I wish I had a message board resume that would keep me from boring y'all but alas no such luck.

Female, student, 24. Nothing else is remotely exciting about me. As for my hair it's neck-length, I'd say Types 2c/3a (leaning more towards the 3a), fine but lots of it and low porosity (finally!).

Basically, I am trying to grow my hair. Which is quite frustrating since I've spent most of my life with short hair (bald people were the only ones to have hair shorter than me).

However, I try but the get frustrated in the summer and have it all cut off. It is subject to a divided reaction -- my mother wants to declare a holiday while my father wants to commiserate.

The last time I tried to grow my hair, I was completely unprepared and a fish out of water. I had no idea how to do it. My hair was insane. It grew but unevenly because it kept on breaking. I was using all the wrong products.

I am hoping I have better luck this time around because I have gotten rid of a lot of bad habits, including using synthetic chemicals on my hair. Natural is my (relatively) new mantra. This forum, I hope, will serve as support and salvation for my tresses as I try and grow my hair (to below shoulder-length).

Now I bid adieu (and apologise for the long-winded post) in favour of viewing other threads in this forum.

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    We're so glad you've delurked and joined us!

Thank you for the nice post, and we look forward to getting to know you.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • aliquotaliquot Registered Users Posts: 227
    What are you studying? I'm also 24 and a student, so...welcome!
    3a/b in Piscataway, NJ
    Fine, low porosity, loves protein!

Cleansing - Burt's Bees or CJ
    RO - CJBSC
    LI - GDLI, CJCR
    Styling - Re:Coil and CJCQ

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file