CurlTalk

NEW! 3b/3c low porosity & protein sensitive

gigi21gigi21 Posts: 8Registered Users
Hello! Didn't know where to post since I'm new....just determined I am a 3b/3c curlie...believe low porosity....very fine....thin but with tons of volume and now truly believe am protein sensitive! I could have posted elsewhere but figured I'd start here because I'd like to start getting some non-protein condish as well as a non-protein leave in but after jotting down LOTS of products others have used have now become completely overwhelmed. I believe I need something with slip because my hair tangles TERRIBLY - even moments after detangling. I attribute this to the fact that each strand is sooo super thin/fine and my curls so willing to curl but because it repels moisture it just immediatley starts to dry and kink/curl/tangle. Hard to explain. I also lose a lot of hair during the detangling process - most from the root (scalp) versus breakage. My hair is super damaged and that is what brought me to this site and I have been lurking for days trying to get as much info as possible - which I have but now just am drowning in the info and not sure where to start. I started the CG method about 2 weeks ago and my hair feels odd still and I think it is due t the proteins in the condish (Suave w/coconut) and some VO5. After a few days (for the low porosity issue) I did a BS/ACV wash/rinse and LOVED the results (felt clean and not greasy) but I realize I can't do this every day. Speaking of everyday...I must must must wash my hair everyday due to scalp build-up as well as morning tangles (yes, I have a satin pillowcase) when I wake up it looks like I stuck my finger in a light socket :)

Any help you can offer - listing a few product to get me started on a "revised" no - protein CG method would be greatly appreciated!

All I need is a pro-free condish and a pro-free detangler/leave in. I do not like the feel of "product" and prefer loose hair (no hair spray or strong gels) I am probably one of the few curlies that actually likes some loose hair mixed in to nice clumped curls. I feel if my hair is too nicely clumped (which it will do) it looks thinner.

Sorry for the long winded post - I wanted to give as much detail as I could!

Comments

• Goin'GreyGoin'Grey Posts: 301Registered Users
    There used to be a site with all no protein products...but I can not access it anymore. Even though we don't seem to have similar hair qualities I will offer you my signature in which all products are protein free except the suave coconut condish..all other suave condis I believe is protein free.
    3A, Protein Senitive, Low Porosity,
    Med-Course
    Wash: Suave Naturals Conds (excluding Coconut), CVSB
    Rinse out/Leave In: GVP Cond. Balm, KCKT,
    Style: Naturelle Gel(winter HG), KCCC (summer HG), Flaxseed gel
    SOTC: JCNS
    Love your hair: Love yourself!
  • Goin'GreyGoin'Grey Posts: 301Registered Users
    Sulfate, Protein & Silicone-Free Products | Healthy Curls

Here is the link I was talking about. It helped me so much.
    3A, Protein Senitive, Low Porosity,
    Med-Course
    Wash: Suave Naturals Conds (excluding Coconut), CVSB
    Rinse out/Leave In: GVP Cond. Balm, KCKT,
    Style: Naturelle Gel(winter HG), KCCC (summer HG), Flaxseed gel
    SOTC: JCNS
    Love your hair: Love yourself!
  • gigi21gigi21 Posts: 8Registered Users
    Thank you so much goin'grey. Ironically I am actually really GOING GREY, too....but you would never know you are based on your picture!