Need help from PROTEIN OVERLOAD

MHassonMHasson Registered Users Posts: 46
In the attempt of trying to repair my heat damaged hair with protein treatments, I noticed that some areas were getting better, but a smaller section in the back felt dry and had lesser curl than usual. My only conclusion was Protein Overload! Ouch!

How do I bounce back from protein overload? Do I just avoid protein products and focus on moisture and wait for them to recover??
HAIR GOAL: Grow out heat damage and have a complete head of healthy curls! :)

Lovely 3C kinky-curls - HIGH Porosity - Massive amount of Heat Damage! wackk
POO : Giovanni 50/50 Balanced
CONDITIONER : Aussie (Co-Wash)
DEEP TREATMENT CONDITIONER : Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose[For Protein], still searching for a good MOISTURE conditioner, then a final rinse with ACV
STYLERS : KCKT + Unrefined Ghana Shea Butter

Comments

• Goin'GreyGoin'Grey Registered Users Posts: 301 Curl Neophyte
    My short answer is YES. I feel the more you mess with it the more you can screw up. I just lay off protein for a while and the hair adjusts. Simple but not immediate.

Your hair looks great in the pic.

Take care,
    3A, Protein Senitive, Low Porosity,
    Med-Course
    Wash: Suave Naturals Conds (excluding Coconut), CVSB
    Rinse out/Leave In: GVP Cond. Balm, KCKT,
    Style: Naturelle Gel(winter HG), KCCC (summer HG), Flaxseed gel
    SOTC: JCNS
    Love your hair: Love yourself!
  • cypressmomcypressmom Registered Users Posts: 236
    I did that once. I slept with olive oil in my hair over night and it helped a great deal.
    CypressMom
    3A - I think!

I like to use, but not all at once: :)
    Wash: V05 Tea Therapy or CJ Daily Fix
    Condition: CJ Curl Rehab (apply as needed, not daily)
    Style: CCCC Lite, CIAB, and BRHG. KCCC is my #1 product
  • MHassonMHasson Registered Users Posts: 46
    @Goin'Grey thank you =) . . .and yea, I'll just lay off. That short answer makes perfect sense. No sense in doing more work and possibly screwing it up more

@cypressmom that sounds nice, I think I might try that one day.
    HAIR GOAL: Grow out heat damage and have a complete head of healthy curls! :)

Lovely 3C kinky-curls - HIGH Porosity - Massive amount of Heat Damage! wackk
    POO : Giovanni 50/50 Balanced
    CONDITIONER : Aussie (Co-Wash)
    DEEP TREATMENT CONDITIONER : Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose[For Protein], still searching for a good MOISTURE conditioner, then a final rinse with ACV
    STYLERS : KCKT + Unrefined Ghana Shea Butter
  • truebellatruebella Registered Users Posts: 7
    This happened to me a few days ago. I search the forums and people suggested a clarifying shampoo and a non protien conditioner like suave naturals. I used nurtogena clarifying shampoo and suave naturals lily aloe , two washes and I'm back to normal thank god

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file