I did it (and that's saying something...)

k33rstynk33rstyn Registered Users Posts: 59
I finally did it! After months of investigating, researching and being an all-around OCD freak, I decide to throw caution to the wind and just try the BB. I found a deal for it for $200 (including shampoo and conditioner) at a respected salon and went for it!

I was a golden-blonde 3b before (please refrain from the OMG your curls are so beautiful shpeel, it was hard to manage and I needed to feel more mature and attractive) and now am about a 2b.

The stylist straightened it right after and honestly, I didn't like it. Not a lot of body. But I now realize that my hair is completely transformed ( I had almost kinky curls and now my hair is fine and smoother textured) and therefore need to use different products that were never in my vocabulary before (i.e. root booster and volumizer). It will be fun experimenting. I just blew dry my hair with my fingers and now have fun, beachy, wavy curls that can easily be turned into Taylor Swift-esque spirals. It's so easy to maintain and feels awesome.

I will post before and after pictures if anyone is interested.

Kirsten

Here are some pictures!

Before:
2mmx2c0.png

After:
w6pglg.jpg

Comments

• RenaBananaRenaBanana Registered Users Posts: 60
    Sounds amazing! I would love to see before and after pictures. I'm still in the investigating, researching, OCD-freak stage, lol.
    Hair Type: 3a, iii, fine, medium porosity, normal elasticity

No-Poo: Suave Naturals
    Leave-in: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
    Gel: KCCC
    and...: Jane Carter: Nourish & Shine to help SOTC

Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/renabanana/
    Password: sonic
  • NitemoonNitemoon Registered Users Posts: 35
    I had my first treatment last week. OMG!! Answer to my prayers. I did an express blowout ($150). My stylist wanted to make sure I liked it before I dropped $350+. I LOVE it. My hair was so thick and so big. I looked like an 80's reject most days. Now my hair has lovely waves and is a lot more managable. I have gotten a ton of compliments.

To be honest, I really did no research. It was a spur of the moment type thing. It was either try the treatment or shave my head. I was seriously at that point. After I had it done, I was scared to death that when I washed my hair all my curl would be gone, however, that was not the case. The curls are not as tight (or as bushy) anymore, but they are still definitely there.

I still have some frizz. The treatment probably got rid of about 80%. I plan on doing another treament in about 3 weeks (I have got to dye my roots first). I will probably be doing it at home though. I can't afford many more treatments at the salon. sigh....
  • k33rstynk33rstyn Registered Users Posts: 59
    I posted some pics for you. Hope they help. I should mention I do use a curling iron to define my bangs and some of the top parts of my hair... but it's SO easy. :)
  • SpookyChanSpookyChan Registered Users Posts: 27
    Your hair looks great! Its a really nice soft look.
  • RenaBananaRenaBanana Registered Users Posts: 60
    Your hair is gorgeous! Both before and after :) I hope you're enjoying it!
    Hair Type: 3a, iii, fine, medium porosity, normal elasticity

No-Poo: Suave Naturals
    Leave-in: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
    Gel: KCCC
    and...: Jane Carter: Nourish & Shine to help SOTC

Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/renabanana/
    Password: sonic
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Registered Users Posts: 9,596
    I think your hair looks already cute before, but it does look good after!

The after pic is with blow drying with your fingers or is that how much curl you have?
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Registered Users Posts: 2,264
    Welcome to the "Finally Happy With My Hair!" club! Looks great!

You should really try to do it yourself. Save yourself all that money...unless it's no object for you...in which case, sit back and enjoy the ride!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix
  • k33rstynk33rstyn Registered Users Posts: 59
    Turtles, to get that look I used the Curls Rock cream, diffused half-dry and let it air dry the rest. Just defined a few of the top pieces with a 3/4 in curling iron. Woke up the next day and it looked even better.

I can also get a really fun messy bed-head look by blow drying upside down.

Not the biggest fan of how it looks straight. It is shiny and soft, but doesn't have the volume it used to. I'm happy to wear it curly all the time now!
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Registered Users Posts: 9,596
    k33rstyn wrote: »
    Turtles, to get that look I used the Curls Rock cream, diffused half-dry and let it air dry the rest. Just defined a few of the top pieces with a 3/4 in curling iron. Woke up the next day and it looked even better.

I can also get a really fun messy bed-head look by blow drying upside down.

Not the biggest fan of how it looks straight. It is shiny and soft, but doesn't have the volume it used to. I'm happy to wear it curly all the time now!

Well that's good, I'm 3b/3c and I've been thinking about doing it, I would totally do it myself, cause I'm that kind of girl, but when it comes to flat ironing..(Don't you have to get it flat ironed during the process?) I do terrible terrible jobs so I would rather have a pro do that part.

The reason I want to do it, is not because I don't like my curls because they look really good when I do them properly, but I like the idea of no frizz, because that's my main culprit, no matter how protective sleep on satin pillows, pineappling, using a scarf or whatever I still get frizz, and my hair is always tangled, so I have to cowash practically everyday, because it's like a rat's nest disaster, my hair just loves knots. I've had to cut hair out sometimes the knots are so bad. I figured it wouldn't be too much money to blow, I mean it is alot but when you think about it you pay 50 dollars or more for a hair cut, 100 dollars to get your hair dyed, 50 to get a blow out if you want, not to mention all the money I blow on hair products anyway, what's the difference LOL.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • qoitqoit Registered Users Posts: 9
    It looks so beautiful! (Both, by the way :))

I was wondering, I've been doing research for a long time and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. You did the BB right? Is it the same process as all the other relaxers? (Sorry I'm a newbie at this).

Did they straighten your hair pin straight? (I'm confused on how the process went or what happened, sorry.) Can you explain to me :p haha.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file