beginner

miss_mochamiss_mocha Registered Users Posts: 2
hi my name is v, im 18 and new to this site i decided to do the transition to go natural but dont know where to start. Are there any at home recipes for deep condition and shampooing... I have not done the big chop i want to let mi hair grow first but i have really bad split ends. Any tips or suggestions.

Comments

• htlykmehtlykme Registered Users Posts: 33
    This is my 3rd and final time transitioning lol and I'd be happy to help you.

First I would suggest you condition more than you shampoo.. I "wash" my hair with a cheapie conditioner like Suave or V05 three times a week.

2) Seal it with a natural oil like Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) or Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (EVCO)

3) Find a staple transtioning style that both protects your ends and new growth like a Braid Out (search on youtube for How To's).

4) Get your ends trimmed regularly (around the time you would normally get relaxers). It takes stress of your hair and your mind lol especially when trying to detangle or produce a successful style.

5) Speaking of styling... Try to use as LITTLE heat as possible!! Air drying will become your new best friend lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Last Relaxer: October 28, 2010
    BC date: 1-29-11 :occasion9:
    Hair type:3c/4a
    Co-Wash: Suave naturals & any other cheapie conditioner for that matter
    Oils: EVOO and EVCO
    event.png

event.png
  • Flower princessFlower princess Registered Users Posts: 608
    All Hair is Good Hair!

It's Not What's ON Your Head, But What's IN Your Head!

Please join/follow my new blog http://vividthoughtsofglory.blogspot.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file