Recent decision to go natural

miah_23_ncbmiah_23_ncb Registered Users Posts: 5
Hello ladies, I have been thinking about going natural since last year, and in the early hours of this morning I made the decision to start my journey. I do not know what my hair type is yet my hair is still pretty straight from my last relaxer. As a newbie I have a few questions for you all: do the same products work on African American curly hair as it does on Caucasian hair ( im AA)?
What are some basic products you would recommend to get me started (shampoo,conditioner,moisturizer etc.)?

Comments

• MyHairIsMyHobbyMyHairIsMyHobby Registered Users Posts: 25
    You sound JUST like me a few months ago. It seems as though you are overwhelmed and there is just a wealth of information out there that you can't possibly get through, right? Don't panic, this forum is amazing and there are some great websites out there that will get you through.

There is an entire section on NC dedicated to newbies. I suggest you peruse that section and see what's going on in there. Also, I would focus on healthy hair and everything else will follow. I wouldn't get so caught up on hair types. Just learn your hair. Figure out what it likes and what it doesn't and go from there! Good luck and you can always ask me if you have any other questions!
    Last relaxer:
    April 1, 2010
    Shampoos:
    Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo
    Aubrey Organics HoneySuckle Rose Moisturizing Shampoo
    Conditioners:
    Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
    Alter Ego
    Really Loving My new Ayurvedic Regimen
    Currently Loving:
    Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Creme and Spritz!
    Follow Me On Twitter: @CurlTheory

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file