help controlling curls

ashwiiannashwiiann Posts: 1Registered Users
hi my names ashley ann =]

i have curls which i love but.. sometimes they're hard to control, i can get rid of the frizz with some oil or serum quite easily

but my curls are uneven and dont lay quite right i've been considering relaxing my hair for sometime but im 90% German with a little bit of native american splashed in there and i didnt know how a relaxer would act on my hair everyone thinks im mixed b/c of how thick and curly my hair is but i dont kno anyone with my hair type to ask for advice,

so i wanted to find someone with similar hair or advice on how to retexture or products that could loosen my curls

im srry im a newb and dnt kno if this post should go here but id rlly appreciate the help thnx in advance
-ashleyann

Comments

• happytreefunhappytreefun Posts: 59Registered Users
    hi (: everyone thinks im mixed 2 because my dads south american & my moms white so i have really weird hair, but i've learned 2 love it. like under all my curls (theres a lot of them) my hair is almost straight...weird huh? i wouldn't recommend a relaxer cuz my sister got that & now that she wants curls again she's having a hard time getting them back to how they were b4. try using devacurl products. i use the nopoo, one condition, set it free spray, and beelieve in gel. while they don't get rid of frizz completely (i don't think any products does) they make ur curls really nice to touch & look at, i get complements all the time on my hair now that i use it. also try styling ur hair in fun cute way to add some variety. the products r a little expensive, but if u want good products u have 2 pay a little extra. but they're not crazy expensive. hope this helps!! good luck (:
  • CurliesFTW_xoCurliesFTW_xo Posts: 111Registered Users
    Hey :happy4:

If i were you i wouldnt relax my hair! It will only destroy your curls even more, and leave you hair dry and lifeless. Maybe try getting your curls bouncier? Or get a different hair cut maybe... Dont give up!
    Moistourize your hair using olive oil :)

Naturally brunette but dyed hair, dark brown ( nearly black ) in November 2010.Trying to grow to WL but only past SL atm. Currently not CO washing and using Pantenes shampoo. Styling: Schwarzkopf ultimate repair serum with total ends repair. Also use Aussies 3 miracle worker from time to time. 3B,bouncy ringlets,medium thickness,strands are neither fine nor coarse,dry,low elasticity ( when wet, but high elasticity when dry ) and proud to be a curly!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file