So I'm finally taking the plunge...

sleepyjesssleepyjess Registered Users Posts: 297
I've been modified CG for the past couple months, but after looking at the "Before and After" thread, I thought I gotta get in on that curl action, since my hair has only been responding lukewarmly (that a word?) to the low-poo method.

Anyway, I've really been in love with the scent and texture of DE Coconut conditioner, though I feel like it might be a bit heavy for a co-wash. Even so, I used it as a co-wash last night, and didn't use a heavier conditioner afterwards, and my hair feels soft and doesn't feel too greasy this morning, save for some of the front part of my hair, but that part is always rebellious against anything I do to the rest of my scalp, the *******. Get with the program, hair.

Basically, this is my roundabout way of asking if it is wise to only use the DE Coconut condish as a co-wash, and trust that it's heavy enough to act as a conditioner as well? I would love to keep this simple. I thrive on simplicity. My ADD human brainmind can only take so much, you know.
Any advice/insights/knock knock jokes are welcome.
Oregon curly!
Fine hair; weighed down easily; high porosity; prone to flyaways & The Bedhead Look
2b? (or not 2b? Heehee.)
Mod-CG since Nov '10
Cowash: VO5 Calming Chamomile
RO: Desert Essences Coconut
Gel: Pantene Curls Gel, LALSG
http://public.fotki.com/sleepyjess/ (updated: 5.28.11)

"She may be afraid of trees. But when push comes to shove, she won't let you drink the shampoo. No matter how good it smells."

:faroah:Visit me! http://nakedsquid.blogspot.com

Comments

• wavynwild16wavynwild16 Registered Users Posts: 2,121
    If this works for you, it works for you! Keep on rockin' it if that's what you and your hair like! Most people use a lighter CO-wash like VO5 or Suave Naturals and a heavier RO, but different things work for different people. My motto is: Don't fix it if it ain't broke. :) If your hair appears to wack out on you after a few days of CO-washing with a heavier condish and doing no RO, then try something new. But, otherwise, what you're doing sounds OK to me.
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file