Herbal Essences Reformulated?

KnottyKnotty Posts: 164Registered Users
I saw a commercial for Herbal Essences and it said it has a new formulation. Has anyone tried it? Herbal Essences Hello Hydration is my go to conditioner. Does anyone know what has changed? And if the change is for better or for worse?
3c/4a
event.png

Comments

• Lucky CharmLucky Charm Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    oh I havent seen this change yet. I love HEHH, although I have seen it with 2 different ingredient decks. One with the bis-cone (dont mind this cone at all), and another with straight dimethicone (which would never touch my hair), dimethicone is usually on the larger bottles I think.
    - 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo
    - LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
    - treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
    - plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
  • aislinaislin Posts: 864Registered Users
    Knotty wrote: »
    I saw a commercial for Herbal Essences and it said it has a new formulation. Has anyone tried it? Herbal Essences Hello Hydration is my go to conditioner. Does anyone know what has changed? And if the change is for better or for worse?

Are you referring to just Hello Hydration or Herbal Essences entirely? I remember when they reformulated to their current bottles and products. I lost my favorite conditioner ever that way! And I really liked HH in the summer, I hope they don't change it around :-P
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

• christeeneechristeenee Posts: 90Registered Users
    Oh Jesus..if they change the HESMU gel i may cry.

Suave's reformulation of the naturals conditioner already has me no longer interested. Their products seperate..causing my hair to be dry even when i shake the bottle up
    3b/3c Hair
    High Elasticity
    Medium Texture
    Porosity- ?Unsure

Oh Jesus..if they change the HESMU gel i may cry.
    ugh... me too :confused2:
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo
    - LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
  • KnottyKnotty Posts: 164Registered Users
    The whole line has been reformulated I think. I was concerned with Hello Hydration because that's what I use. I bought an old bottle and a new bottle today because they were on sale. Both big bottles if that makes a difference. Here are the ingredients.

Old:
    water, stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, cocos nucifera fruit extract, glutamic acid, fragrance, bis-aminopropyl dimethicone, benzyl alcohol, edta, propylene glycol, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, citric acid, blue 1.

New: water, stearyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, cetyl alcohol, bis-aminopropyl dimethicone, cocos nucifera fruit extract, orchis mascula flower extract, zea mays silk extract, fragrance, benzyl alcohol, disodium edta, sodium hydroxide, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, blue 1.

What is HESMU?
    3c/4a
    event.png
    Knotty wrote: »
    The whole line has been reformulated I think. I was concerned with Hello Hydration because that's what I use. I bought an old bottle and a new bottle today because they were on sale. Both big bottles if that makes a difference. Here are the ingredients.

Old:
    water, stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, cocos nucifera fruit extract, glutamic acid, fragrance, bis-aminopropyl dimethicone, benzyl alcohol, edta, propylene glycol, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, citric acid, blue 1.

New: water, stearyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, cetyl alcohol, bis-aminopropyl dimethicone, cocos nucifera fruit extract, orchis mascula flower extract, zea mays silk extract, fragrance, benzyl alcohol, disodium edta, sodium hydroxide, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, blue 1.

What is HESMU?
    Thank you for posting both sets in ingredients!
    HESMU = Herbal Essences Set Me Up. Its a strong hold gel that quite a few of us really like a lot
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file