Best Flat Iron for 3c/4a Hair?

EmsMomEmsMom Posts: 13Registered Users
What is the best flat iron to use on 3c/4a hair? Also, what is your straightening routine?

I straighten my daughter's hair at her request usually a couple times a year. I have a flat iron that you can use on wet/damp hair. I can count on one hand how many times we have blown her hair dry. We always air dry. Our routine is usually wash, condition, flat iron . . . . what is your routine . . . . do you usually blow dry the hair first, do you use a heat protectant, etc. Thanks so much!!!

Comments

• KnottyKnotty Posts: 164Registered Users
    Babyliss nano. I only straighten when I put Brazilian Keratin Treatment on my hair, so I don't really have a regular straightening routine. Before I used to air dry in braids to stretch out my hair and then use maxiglide. Now, I have to blow dry the BKT before I can flat iron.
    3c/4a
    event.png
  • pursuitofhappinesspursuitofhappiness Posts: 16Registered Users
    I wash, condition and then use acai daily smoothing serum from the brazilian blowout line (I don't have any chemicals in much of my hair, and this makes my hair less frizzy when I straighten it) while my hair is still damp. I let it air dry, then I ALWAYS use a heat protector on each section of my hair as I straighten
  • askmeaskme Posts: 42Registered Users
    I recommend the Karmin G3 Salon Pro, it heats up to 450f with temperature control, dual voltage, tourmaline ceramic plates with rounded edges which makes it great for also curling your hair. Also has a 3 year warranty. I have one and it works pretty good with any kind of hair :):blob2::sunny:
  • itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Posts: 1,084Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    NONE :sad3:

No but really though, a CHI or a Solano one. Mainly one you can get from places like Sephora and such. They range pretty expensive, but if you take care of it it's gonna LAST. Also, you get better results with less heat and almost half the time so it's worth it.

I also recommend investing in a really good blowdryer too if you desire. Using these tools may seem horrible when you can get cheaper ones, but the results are lovely.
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
  • janeagrasserjaneagrasser Posts: 1Registered Users
    Message deleted.
  • lovemycurls123lovemycurls123 Posts: 17Registered Users
    when i do straighten my hair...(salon anyway) its wash condition roller set...hooded dryer..then blow dry then finally flat iron...and i do that 2 times a month

at home on my own normal wash and condition heat protector like olive silk heat protector...blow dry

i use my julibere nano silver ceramic flat iron from sallys i like it it gets hot super fast and its not preset so you can adjust to your hair needs...always use a heat protector and my friend had a wet to straight and it broke her hair off
    "rest assured all things will be okay...pray and give thanks daily...he will never leave you nor forsake you...in his arms you are blessed and at peace...so even when times are rough sleep quietly pray and be strong things will work out"

my hair has been through a lot of bad cuts and a lot of heat damage due to the desert but in two years time(when the cutting began) i am from ear length to bsb and still growing with two sl cuts last year god is good

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file