CurlTalk

Simple styles

BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users
Cutesy name: Wavy Pompadour, 17 Hairstyles That Take Less Than 10 Minutes

Just was checking things online and ran into this gallery of quick hair styles.. this one is simple and yay, they used an actual curly model.

The next few styles are on curlies too.
"The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
"...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)

Comments

• subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    the ones i really like i can't seem to figure out how to do. :sad1:
  • teejayteejay Posts: 537Registered Users
    I like the curly styles. I do the bun o'curls from time to time. Like Subrock, I can't figure the others out. I need some practice.

Co-wash: VO5 Tea Therapy
    Rinse Out: Garnier Sleek 'n Shine (subject to change)
    Styler: Long Aid Curl Activator

Dislikes: Proteins (except occasional Silk protein), Cones, Oils
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users
    I know, the "bun o curls" just looks like a regular old ponytail to me..lol

Which ones did you think you couldn't figure out Subbrock?
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    wavy pompadour--i know how to do the style (i'm wearing it today actually) but based off of their instructions i have no clue how to do it

pin up curves--is it kind of like the southern tease/no stress bun + wavy pompadour?

knotty and nice--say what???
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    Love the Mile high curls and Pin-up curves and I think I could do this with a bantu knot out rather than a curling iron.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
    subbrock wrote: »
    wavy pompadour--i know how to do the style (i'm wearing it today actually) but based off of their instructions i have no clue how to do it

pin up curves--is it kind of like the southern tease/no stress bun + wavy pompadour?

knotty and nice--say what???
    Love the Mile high curls and Pin-up curves and I think I could do this with a bantu knot out rather than a curling iron.

Mile high curls: That looks like they just bobby pinned the front towards the crown, the sides are pinned, and the nape too. Then just add the headband. Seems easy enough.

Wavy pompadour: Just a pomp up front and pinned up sides..easy peasy.

Pin-up curves: Another easy peasy..just pinned up sides.

Knotty and nice: That one took me a minute to figure out, but I got it. You part hair down the middle, and put a little elastic near the tips of each half of the hair. Then, twist starting at the sides of the head, towards the back, pin the sides, and then loosely tuck in and pin the ends that have the elastics on them. This seems to be the most complicated style, but it's actually easy to do. Hope that helped..
    *bump*
  • CraftyKellCraftyKell Posts: 78Registered Users
    Ha! The model has more 3b hair. Trying to do that with my hair would be a no-go.
    Hi, I'm Crafty! Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Crafty Kell

www.craftykell.blogspot.com
    Who says you can't make art out of yarn? View C.K.'s blog to see proof!

Crafty Kell's Curls
    www.craftykellscurls.blogspot.com
    Join C.K. as she journals her adventures with her hair.

Crafty Kell on Facebook
    www.facebook.com/craftykell
    Like C.K. on FB if you value the joys of D.I.Y!
    CraftyKell wrote: »
    Ha! The model has more 3b hair. Trying to do that with my hair would be a no-go.

You can still do the style, but it will be with hair that looks like yours not the model's. Not sure if I'm saying this right, but you don't have to try to make your hair look like someone elses to do a certain style.