We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

cheap deep conditioners?

Winter is wreaking havoc on my hair. :shock: I haven't done any deep conditioners in ages, either. Can anyone suggest any deep conditioners that can be found in drugstores/grocery stores? I prefer to not order from the internet at the moment.

ETA that I would prefer them w/ no 'cones since I'm CG. thanks :wink:
3c

Comments

• ariesxtremeariesxtreme Posts: 123Registered Users
    Personally I really like the Aussie 3-Min Miracle deep conditioner. It leaves my hair really soft, and it's quite cheap. I also like GF deep conditioner, I trade off between the two.
  • TeresaSTeresaS Posts: 19Registered Users
    are those CG approved?
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    I would enthusiastically recommend Sally's generic version of Joico K-Pak Reconstructor. Excellent protein DT, smells good, only $5. What's not to like? (You know to use a moisturizing condish after a protein DT, right?)

Another inexpensive one that turns up in beauty supply stores is Hy-Pro-Pak. I have not actually used this one but I've seen good review, and it usually runs about $4.

If your budget can go to $8, the DT from the Activate line is a nice one too.

These are all without cones.
  • three rivers curlythree rivers curly Posts: 994Registered Users
    Olive oil and egg with a squirt of regular conditioner for scent. Apply to wet or dry hair - wrap in plastic and then a towel, leave on for 15-30 min.
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fhmiklos" class="Popup
  • mayimmayim Posts: 2,301Registered Users
    i use the homemade jessicurl dt - but i use olive oil instead of jojoba.

blend up:

1 banana
    1 avocado
    1 can coconut milk
    1 tbs oil
    1 tbs honey

until it is all really smooth. use a couple tbs for a hair masque, and freeze the rest in an ice cube tray (later you can pop them out and put them in a freezer bag) for later use.

i love it.

m
    coarse, thick 3a
    modified cg

weight.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file