Someone Help With my hair type!!

I am a 26 year old female who went natural back in 2006. Since then my hair has grown to the middle of my back. I have not see my natural hair since I was 7! Now I am Black, Native American, and of Irish and Middle eastern decent. I was told I have 3c/4a curls. My hair has different textures, from cork screw, pencil width, to thick pinkie finger width, to plain wavy in some parts. It is hard to straighten at times, and changes with the weather. The No-Poo thing works well, but heavy creams do not. Cream-gels, or plain gels work for my hair. But Moisturizing mists as daily touch up works better than creams. Some one help!

Comments

• wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    Your hair is beautiful, and so are you! (Love your username, by the way!) I'd say 3c/4a, too. HTH!
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • CuteCurlyCocoaChickCuteCurlyCocoaChick Posts: 8Registered Users
    Yeah that stuff is a no no for me, because it dos absolutley nothing for me. I wll try some of the products you suggested.
  • CuteCurlyCocoaChickCuteCurlyCocoaChick Posts: 8Registered Users
    Your hair is beautiful, and so are you! (Love your username, by the way!) I'd say 3c/4a, too. HTH!

Yeah from what I know of right now. My hai loves glycerin, coconut milk, and honey.
  • DimePiece17DimePiece17 Posts: 521Registered Users
    Your hair is def 3c. 4a curls are tighter and stiffer than yours and wouldn't hang the way yours hangs no matter how long it it and how much product you put in it. The hair grows out, not long. Although I now use a Brazillian keratin treatmemt in my hair, my hair in my avatar is my how tight my 4a curls are without a BKT and my hair is bra strap length when straight. Even with stretching and heavy creams, it would never hang the way yours does and I am a true 4a. when curly...my hair is at best chin length.
    Beauty Tips for the Budgetista?
    Check me out on Youtube, Tumblr, FB, and Twitter!
    DimepieceonaDime-FB PAGE, Youtube Channel, and Tumblr
    Dimefabulous-Twitter name
    http://dimepieceonadime.tumblr.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file