CurlTalk

Scared straight ends

TenderloveandcoilsTenderloveandcoils Posts: 12Registered Users
Hello ladies:lol:
Ok so I bc'd in Dec. and I still see straight hair on the ends.Is this suppose to grow out?Or is this permed hair still. Should I cut it off? Im confused on whats going on:dontknow:... Please help me my natural sisters

Comments

• FronomenalFronomenal Posts: 712Registered Users
    I had straight ends after my BC. It is permed hair. Cut it off.
    Big Chop: 12/15/08

Shampoo: As I Am Curl Clarity Shampoo
    Conditioner: As I Am Hydration Elation Intensive Conditioner &
    Tresemme Botanique Nourish and Replenish Conditioner
    Leave-In Conditioner: As I Am Leave-In Conditioner & Alba Botanica Leave-In Conditioner
    Moisturizer: As I Am DoubleButter Cream Rich Daily Moisturizer
    Oils/Butters: Coconut Oil & Castor Oil
    Gels: Eco Styler Krystal Gel

~ iHerb Discount Code: EFE310 ~
  • dearheart15dearheart15 Posts: 177Registered Users
    I had a few renegade straight ends that I had to cut off myself after the BC, so I think its completely normal.
    last perm ~ late May 2009
    BC'd ~ July 1, 2009
    fotki ~ last updated 2/2011
  • whatsacurltodowhatsacurltodo Posts: 1Registered Users
    I, like another young lady mentioned, BC'd about a year ago and the strands just keep coming back, this time with full force! I have tight beautiful curls in the midst of the straight strands but quite frankly the mix of the two is unsightly and I don't know what to do. I'm thinking about cutting my hair again, it's not long anyway (I don't even think it reaches an inch). I've tried curl product upon curl product and they'll work fare enough for the curls but the straight strands mixed in with it just doesn't look good and it makes me feel like I look dirty lol.

Should I cut it again in hopes of saying goodbye to the straight strands? Or should I wait it out a few months longer to see if they grow out??
  • kinkycurlyDTkinkycurlyDT Posts: 380Registered Users
    Girl, cut those ends on off! :-)
  • NoodleNapsNoodleNaps Posts: 463Registered Users
    I, like another young lady mentioned, BC'd about a year ago and the strands just keep coming back, this time with full force! I have tight beautiful curls in the midst of the straight strands but quite frankly the mix of the two is unsightly and I don't know what to do. I'm thinking about cutting my hair again, it's not long anyway (I don't even think it reaches an inch). I've tried curl product upon curl product and they'll work fare enough for the curls but the straight strands mixed in with it just doesn't look good and it makes me feel like I look dirty lol.

Should I cut it again in hopes of saying goodbye to the straight strands? Or should I wait it out a few months longer to see if they grow out??

I would wait a little while- if your hair is less than an inch long, its possible that those could just be looser curls that have not formed into a loop yet.

To the OP, yeah cut them off!!
    Products in current rotation:

Terressentials Pure Earth Mud Wash; Elucence MBC (now really just for cowashing, leg shaving or emergencies); Curl Junkie: Repair Me, Deep Fix, Curl Rehab; AOHSR (retiring); Oyin Handmade: Honey Hemp, Hair Dew, J&B; Qhemet Biologics: BRBC (retiring- prefer Oyin HD), AOHC, OHHB; Jojoba Oil for scalp; Castor Oil or Shea butter to seal; Henna & Ayurvedic pastes when I can be bothered.

Still searching for the perfect stylers, but loving CJ CIAB over everything so far