What I've come up with

strssmnkystrssmnky Registered Users Posts: 51
So I want to do the no poo completely but I think doing a co-wash every day was actually too much for my hair even as dry as it is. So I only water washed over the weeked and co-washed today. I can't quite do a leave in but when I do my rinse out, I don't completely rinse it out (I know, pretty much the same). My hair felt so much better yesterday and today! So I'm going to do a co-wash on Mon, Wed and Fri and water wash on the other 4 days of the week and see how that goes. I don't use gel or mousse or any other type of styling aid so I don't have anything to really wash out anyway. Just normal everyday dirt. And I use Suave Naturals Conditioner so I'm cone free all the way.

I can already feel a difference in my hair in the 3 weeks I've been trying to figure all this out.
3a/3b, iii, medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
CG since 1/1/2011

Co-wash - Suave Naturals
RO/LI- GVP Conditioning Balm, AOHR, KCKT, TIGI Catwalk Oatmeal and Honey Conditioner, Nature's Gate Tea Tree Conditioner
DT - Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix Moisturizing Conditioner, AOHR, KCKT
Styling -CJCCCC, HETT, Biotera Styling Gel, AVG, Boots Curl Cream, Eco Styler

Comments

• gemsoftheseagemsofthesea Registered Users Posts: 6
    Yes, our hair calls for different amounts of co-washing. I co-wash every other day and do a weekly cleanse with no-sulfate shampoo or ACV.

But yes, it does take some figuring out to do, doesn't it?

And let me just say that I am in awe of the fact that you don't have to use any hair products!?!?! My hair would not respond well to that at all. I Am Jealous.
    3a/3b; Highly Porous/Fine Hair
    Cleanse: GTTTT, Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap w/ACV Rinse
    Cowash: VO5 Tea Therapies...all of them!
    Conditioner/Leave-in: Kiss My Face Whenever Conditioner
    Styling: Kiss My Face Mousse and Gel, Herbal Essences SMU Gel, shea butter
    DT: Coconut oil and honey
    I'd rather wear jewels in my hair than anywhere else~H.Lamarr
  • strssmnkystrssmnky Registered Users Posts: 51
    My hair is SO thick and heavy, except for the little bit of frizz that I'm learning how to deal with, it is not going anywhere. Once it curls, it stays curled. That's why I really don't need anything. Oh, I think I am addicted to plopping though. I just love what it does to my hair! My curls turn out so cute! Who would have guessed my hair could do what it does. Certainly not me.
    3a/3b, iii, medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
    CG since 1/1/2011

Co-wash - Suave Naturals
    RO/LI- GVP Conditioning Balm, AOHR, KCKT, TIGI Catwalk Oatmeal and Honey Conditioner, Nature's Gate Tea Tree Conditioner
    DT - Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix Moisturizing Conditioner, AOHR, KCKT
    Styling -CJCCCC, HETT, Biotera Styling Gel, AVG, Boots Curl Cream, Eco Styler
  • gemsoftheseagemsofthesea Registered Users Posts: 6
    Oh strssmnky, this is exactly why I love naturallycurly.com! Two curly heads--one with thick, heavy curls which stay in place (you) and one with fine, light curls which bluster about (me) connected in one little curly place!

I'm sure that in a few months your frizz halo will be in check, once you and your hair figure out the moisture balance.

And plopping, don't get me started on plopping! Not only does it make my curls perky, but I love that I can get out the shower and get dressed without my hair dripping water everywhere. I love that feeling of taking my hair down out of a good plop, that instant release of warm and shiny curls--the fresh breath of vanilla mint conditioner! Ooooh how divine...

If you ever post your pics on the "Before and After" thread or anywhere, do let me know! Best of luck :laughing5:
    3a/3b; Highly Porous/Fine Hair
    Cleanse: GTTTT, Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap w/ACV Rinse
    Cowash: VO5 Tea Therapies...all of them!
    Conditioner/Leave-in: Kiss My Face Whenever Conditioner
    Styling: Kiss My Face Mousse and Gel, Herbal Essences SMU Gel, shea butter
    DT: Coconut oil and honey
    I'd rather wear jewels in my hair than anywhere else~H.Lamarr

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file