New on the NO POO method, help :)

So the No poo seems to be the best way forward right now. How do i get started? Ive tried natural shampoos before but i personally dont think they do much, and theyre really expensive and there isnt much to choose from where i live so ive deiced to quit shampooing all together. How should i get started? Tricks and tips on how to not get greasy hair please?

Naturally brunette but dyed hair, dark brown ( nearly black ) in November 2010.Trying to grow to WL but only past SL atm. Currently not CO washing and using Pantenes shampoo. Styling: Schwarzkopf ultimate repair serum with total ends repair. Also use Aussies 3 miracle worker from time to time. 3B,bouncy ringlets,medium thickness,strands are neither fine nor coarse,dry,low elasticity ( when wet, but high elasticity when dry ) and proud to be a curly!

Comments

• wavynwild16wavynwild16 Registered Users Posts: 2,121
    Have you checked out the techniques sticky? It has some amazing methods that lot of curlies here use to bring out "maximum curl potential." Here's a link.

TECHNIQUES LINKS: SuperSoaker,Spritz&Condish,Plopping,Frizz,Clipping IceQueen, etc

Here's a website that explains the entire CG method -- do's and don'ts and everything in between. I have been shampoo-less for a few weeks and I'm LOVING it! Here's the link:

The College Curly: Laura Lee's All In One Guide to Going CG: Now Revised and Updated!

And here's a before/after thread to get you inspired!

Post your before & After CG pics

Good luck going CG, and I HTH!
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • pinkwolfpinkwolf Registered Users Posts: 430 Curl Novice
    A BIG curly girl welcome. I have been doing the no-poo method for several months now and I defiantly see the difference in my curls and scalp! I measure 1tbs. of baking soda to 1 cup of water. I use an empty 24oz. ketchup bottle and add 3tbs. of bs or acv and fill the rest with water. I do the same with my apple cider vinegar rinse. I alternate with african black soap. I follow with conditioner and rinse this out with cold water. This regimen has worked wonders for me and I don't plan on using shampoo ever again. Also check out YouTube - calimodediva's Channel She is also a no-pooer and other tips as well.
    *Natural 3C/TWA* :toothy7:
    Wash: BS/ACV, ABS, KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Garnier WB Honey Treasures
    , Garnier WB Apple & Green Tea
    Pre-Poo: Oils & Honey Mix
    DC: Garnier WB Honey Treasures Mask, SM 10-N-1

PT: Super Mayo Deep Conditioning Treatment
    Styler:
    KCCC
    Leave-In: KCKT
    Moisturizer:
    Whipped Shea Butter
    Oil/Sealant:
    EVCO, Jojoba
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Registered Users Posts: 2,573 Curl Neophyte
    Most of us use a cheap, cone free conditioner instead of name brand (Deva) NoPoo. Any of the Suave Naturals conditioners, or of the VO5 conditioners does a very good job in my experience. I personally particularly like VO5 Kiwi Lime.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file