Is MOP any good?

rats-tailsrats-tails Registered Users Posts: 12
Hi
I've been eyeing MOP Mixed Greens Conditioner and their C-Curl system in the shops lately.

I thought I might have seen people here using the Mixed Greens for poo free washing but I can't quite remember.

Are either or both of these curl approved?

Good links here to both with full PDF product/ingredients info
http://mop.bathandunwind.com/categories/product.asp?ID=238

Thanks in advance

Comments

• mayimmayim Registered Users Posts: 2,301
    looks cg friendly to me, from the ingredients.

are mop products easy to get in europe? where are you located?

m
    coarse, thick 3a
    modified cg

weight.png

• rats-tailsrats-tails Registered Users Posts: 12
    Thanks Mayim

Yes, MOP are widely available in department stores here and look very enticing. I'm in London. Can I just check one thing though; CG friendly does mean protein free too, doesn't it? They don't seem to suit me at all.

Also I was particularly wondering what this one was "Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine" from the Mixed Greens because it seems to be listed in some very 'coney' conditioners.
  • rushirb55rushirb55 Registered Users Posts: 146
    No, CG doesn't mean you have to be protein free. Some people just can't tolerate proteins in their hair because it makes it feel like straw and very dry feeling. I for one quit using hair products that have wheat in them but I am not CG. But some other people that are CG use products that do have proteins like wheat in them. It just depends on what products work for different people.
    2C-3A??? Currently using Curly Q Milkshake, 3-minute Aussie Miracle, using non-sulphate shampoos, MopTop Pomade, Boots curl creme, always looking for that next miracle product for my hair! My PJ is never satisfied.
    rushirb55 wrote:
    No, CG doesn't mean you have to be protein free.
    Oh dear :( then what I really need to know is if the above products are protein free too because they've always made my hair like straw. Sorry - I'm a bit of a newbie!
    I looked at the ingredients on the website and it looks protein free to me. Here is a list of proteins that you might want to look out for. You might want to try other proteins to see if they affect your hair. Wheat seems to be the worse one for me.

You don't have to apologize. That is what we are here for. I am still learning new things myself everyday so go ahead and ask if you have a question. If I can't answer it, someone here will I am sure.

I don't have the link to these proteins so I will just type them. If you want the link to more than just the proteins(like silicones) just ask and someone on this board will post it since they would be more familiar with how to do that than me. Here goes: (Notice they have the word hyrolyzed in most of them - that's the key). I hope this helps you.

Cocodimonium hydroxyproply hydrolyzed casein
    Cocodimonium hydroxyproply hydrolyzed collagen
    Cocodimonium hydroxyproply hydrolyzed hair keratin
    Cocodimonium hydroxyproply hydrolyzed keratin
    Cocodimonium hydroxyproply hydrolyzed rice protein
    Cocodimonium hydroxyproply hydrolyzed silk
    Cocodimonium hydroxyproply hydrolyzed soy protein
    Cocodimonium hydroxyproply hydrolyzed wheat protein
    Cocdoimonium hydroxyproply silk amino acids
    Cocoyl hydrolyzed collagen
    Cocoyl Hydrolyzed keratin
    Hydrolyzed keratin
    Hydrolyzed oat flour
    Hydrolyzed silk
    Hydrolyzed silk protein
    Hydrolyzed soy protein
    Hydrolyzed wheat protein
    Keratin
    Potassium cocoyl hydrolyzed collagen
    TEA-cocoyl hydrolyzed collagen
    TEA-cocoyl hydrolyzed soy protein
    2C-3A??? Currently using Curly Q Milkshake, 3-minute Aussie Miracle, using non-sulphate shampoos, MopTop Pomade, Boots curl creme, always looking for that next miracle product for my hair! My PJ is never satisfied.
  • belfast curlybapbelfast curlybap Registered Users Posts: 5
    Hiya,
    Can't comment on the mixed greens MOP shampoo, but I have been trying the MOP c-system c-curl curl enhancing cream. I find it VERY sticky, and when dry it made my hair feel very dehydrated. For us euro ladies, I think it's hard to beat the Regis Olive Oil line and Boots Curl Cream.
  • curly52curly52 Registered Users Posts: 351 Curl Connoisseur
    is the Regis Olive Oil line CG?? is it a gel?? :? i've never seen it around before :?
    uk curly - 3a :toothy7:
  • GrecianCurlsGrecianCurls Registered Users Posts: 256
    hiya, they do a shampoo, conditioner and deep treatment mask. The conditioner is CG.
    fine 3b curls and spirals - first goal BSL!!

HG's - Body Shop Honey shampoo & conditioner and Shea Moisture leave-in condish which gives me lovely frizz-free bouncy curls. My PJ is calling me to experiment with gels again... argh!
    I found the mixed greens conditioner not ideal for washing hair. It seems quite humectanty and your hair absorbs it and it gives you a bit of a dry finish too. I've never seen that Olive Regis line either. Where can you buy it?
    Try here: http://www.regiscorp.com/ and go to the part that says Europe to find a salon close to you that sells regis hair products.
  • belfast curlybapbelfast curlybap Registered Users Posts: 5
    curly52 wrote:
    is the Regis Olive Oil line CG?? is it a gel?? :? i've never seen it around before :?

I'm by no means an expert, but I reckon the conditioner and the intensive masque are both CG, although they both have hydrolyzed wheat protein.

The basic conditioner is great, and smells lovely. It costs £8 from Trade Secret, which I think is a chain. Also I'm sure that Regis Salons would sell it, and they're in quite a few department stores.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file