Root Touch up

KnottyKnotty Registered Users Posts: 164
I am about to do my third application of QOD max. I do them one month apart. My ends are straighter than the roots, so this time I am going to focus on the roots. When you only apply QOD max to the roots, what do you apply to the rest of the hair to protect it from the blow dryer and flat iron? Nothing? Just a regular heat protectant?
3c/4a
event.png

Comments

• ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Registered Users Posts: 2,264
    I don't apply anything to the rest of my hair. I don't want anything else to get on the roots and interfere with the BKT process. You could apply some keratin to the rest of your hair if you want because it won't be "activated" unless you flat iron it, so it wouldn't straighten your ends any more than they already are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix
  • DimePiece17DimePiece17 Registered Users Posts: 521
    I place a little bit of the treatment on the rest of my hair. Not much, just a tad to protect it from the heat.
    Beauty Tips for the Budgetista?
    Check me out on Youtube, Tumblr, FB, and Twitter!
    DimepieceonaDime-FB PAGE, Youtube Channel, and Tumblr
    Dimefabulous-Twitter name
    http://dimepieceonadime.tumblr.com/
    Knotty wrote: »
    I am about to do my third application of QOD max. I do them one month apart. My ends are straighter than the roots, so this time I am going to focus on the roots. When you only apply QOD max to the roots, what do you apply to the rest of the hair to protect it from the blow dryer and flat iron? Nothing? Just a regular heat protectant?

As I was just doing a root touch-up, your question suddenly popped into my head, and I realized that I didn't initially understand what you were asking!! I don't flat iron the rest of my hair when I do my roots! I only flat iron my roots, so I don't need to protect the rest of my hair from the flat iron heat. I never use the flat iron on my hair unless I absolutely need to, and if I'm just doing my roots, I don't need to flat iron any other part of my hair. In fact, after I'm finished with my roots, I often wet the rest of my hair and scrunch the some BRHG into it and diffuse the curls back into it. I hate my hair straight.

I'll bet this makes more sense now!
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
  • KnottyKnotty Registered Users Posts: 164
    Ohh...that makes sense now. lol I did everything except my ends this time, so I would look a little strange to not flat iron the ends. What I did was just put a heat protectant on the ends and only flat iron the ends once.
    3c/4a
    event.png
    Ya know, my hair is usually so straight when I do even just a root application that I don't have to flat iron everything else anyway. I mean, it would look more polished if I flat ironed the rest of it too, but it's stick straight anyway from the initial blow drying anyway. The BKT has taken that much of the natural curl out of my hair! Also, I hate it when my hair is straight, so I usually plan to stay home unless I scrunch in some curls. However, yesterday and today, I left my hair straight after doing my roots and actually decided to flat iron all of it and then curl the ends. It actually is a nice change and looks pretty good, if I do say so myself! But, it was a little too much work to do all the time and too thermally damaging, and I had to plaster the ends with hairspray to get the curl to stay, but it was so shiny and silky! Definitely a more polished look than my usual big head of curls. But, it wouldn't stand up to the elements--it just happened to be a bright, sunny day, with no wind or humidity.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file