CurlTalk

Seasonal Split Ends

GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,782Registered Users
When do you see more split ends? Summer, winter, humid days, low dew points...?

I see more split ends in the winter. Runner-up is summer.
Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
This list is not exhaustive...:happy3:
CoWash: various
DT: various

Leave-in
: CR L/I Collection, various
Stylers:MC Leave-in, Gorilla Snot
Spritz/Sealant:Nu-Gro spray w/moisturizer
*experimenting and loving it!
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    Greatcurls wrote: »
    When do you see more split ends? Summer, winter, humid days, low dew points...?

I see more split ends in the winter. Runner-up is summer.
    For me, summer, in dry times. I think I style more protectively in the winter plus I am more diligent with moisture in the winter. In summer, I am go, go, go, spritz and out the door, so...having written that, I am going to remind myself to be less neglectful in the summertime.
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • vegas_curlsvegas_curls Posts: 857Registered Users
    I voted "other" - because I've never noticed an increase/decrease in split ends regarding the time of year. Granted, Las Vegas is in a desert, so it's dry here 24/7/365.

(On the other hand I never noticed a seasonal affect on number of split ends I had even when I lived in the humid midwest either.)

:dontknow:
  • aislinaislin Posts: 864Registered Users
    I voted chemical and other. Chemical when I've lightened my hair (like I'm experiencing right now, ouch) and other because it all depends on the ratio of how much I put my hair up (which is protective styling for me) to how much I keep my hair down and "do" my hair.

I've had my hair down nearly every day for the last month and a half and it's TOTALLY obvious the damage has been done... to me, anyways! :sad3: Even WITH using good products.

So maybe it could be seasonal, if I were to do my hair down more in one season than another.
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.