Please help--in tears after drastic haircut

beckybyebeckybye Registered Users Posts: 7
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the naturallycurly.com threads, and I just had a very bad haircut to which I'm sure you can all relate. I thought I was done with bad cuts and found a great stylist, but today was in a disaster.

I'm a 3A-B with very long dark hair--almost waist length. I went in to cut about an inch off from the bottom. For most of the cut, I could not see what she was doing, but when she went for the front curls, I told her it was way, way shorter than I wanted. She said she was just doing the shortest layers and after it was washed and styled I would be ok.

After she washed it, and even when it was wet and longer than it would be dry, I was in shock. It was just barely below my shoulders. Now when it is dry and styled it is at my shoulders and really puffy. She COMPLETELY ruined my hair, not only by shortening it, but it is now very puffy and gross looking. BEfore, my hair was my greatest asset and something that everyone used to identify me, but now I am so embarrassed and sad that I never want to step foot outside.

So now I am researching ways to grow my hair faster. I know it will still take time, but do you have any suggestions? I'm just so sad right now.

Comments

• ninja dogninja dog Registered Users Posts: 23,780 Curl Neophyte
    Start trying different products to make the most of what you've got now, even if you don't like the new cut. It may help you get through the growing time easier.

HTH
  • SailaSaila Registered Users Posts: 1,212 Curl Neophyte
    I'm very sorry about your experience. A few months ago, I cut of 10+ inches. I've learned that shorter hair is needs to be styled differently - my washing, drying, clipping all changed with my hair cut. I hope that helps.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file