Exercise videos

curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
I was wondering about exercise videos and if any of you would recommend certain ones. I have a Crunch Pilates video that gives me pretty good results but its a little stale after doing it a million times! I am looking for something that has cardio plus some mat work. Nothing that requires stuff (weights, ball, etc.). I found a lot of good reviews for the Biggest Loser videos but would really prefer input from actual people!

TIA!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

Comments

• picklesgirlpicklesgirl Posts: 1,955Registered Users
    The biggest loser last chance workout DVD is really good. I really love 30 day shred to.. I have a friend that did p99x and had great results
  • FitnessLady02FitnessLady02 Posts: 6Registered Users
    I too also hate the gym stuffs like balls, weightlifting's, and etc. I would mostly prefer an adventurous one to loose weight. Like hiking, biking, jogging and mall strolling. :love5:
  • jojo_leejojo_lee Posts: 14Registered Users
    I <3 the 30 day shred. It will really kick your a-s and its only like 27 mins including warm up and cool down. I am on day 3 level 1 and I swear I can already see a difference, maybe it's all in my head right now...but regardless I'm sore in an awesome way!!

Check out beachbody.com and youtube for workout video reviews.

I've heard good things about ChaLEAN extreme (seriously looks extreme) I will try it after 30 day shred I want to be in better shape before I attempt it.

Others that look interesting to me are:
    p90x
    zumba
    yoga booty ballet
    Any Jillian Michaels videos

Hope that helped :)
    3A
    Co-wash: Suave coconut
    Condish: Biolage conditioning balm
    leave in: Suave condish
    Styling: Blended Beauty Frizz pudding, BRHG, Blended Beauty Styling lotion,
    Technique: Ice queen method/plop/sleep in a pineapple
  • jojo_leejojo_lee Posts: 14Registered Users
    Sorry you said doesn't require any weights. I still recommend 30 day shred but you do need barbells. I use 3lbs and its enough for now. I don't think you need anything for zumba and seems the whole world loves this workout!!
    3A
    Co-wash: Suave coconut
    Condish: Biolage conditioning balm
    leave in: Suave condish
    Styling: Blended Beauty Frizz pudding, BRHG, Blended Beauty Styling lotion,
    Technique: Ice queen method/plop/sleep in a pineapple
  • nadra24nadra24 Posts: 72Registered Users
    I also recommend the 30 day shred. The first time I did it I used cans of beans instead of weights, so if it's an issue of not wanting to buy weights, you don't really have to. The thing I really like about it is that it is only 20 minutes and you get an all-over workout in a short period of time. I am not really a fan of workout videos in general, so I'm not really all that much help. Sorry. I rented it from Netflix before I bought it, so that may be an avenue for you to check out different DVD's before buying them.
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    Thanks for all your suggestions. I'll look into the 30 day shred. I'm not really overweight at all but just looking to tone up and lose a few lbs. I'm looking for something that is beginner and works up toward more advanced once I get used to it.

I don't think I'm motivated enough for the P90X. Hubby had borrowed it and just watching it made me sweat.

I like the gym but sometimes find it difficult sharing equipment with others and of course the cost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

• pwepwetepwepwete Posts: 8Registered Users
    Billy Blanks new DVD PT 24/7 is also great. You dont need to buy any extra equipment :-) Check out the website here: https://www.billyblankspt247.com/flare/next
  • fenixfenix Posts: 7Registered Users
    Tracy Anderson Method Mat and Tracy Anderson Dance Cardio are great to tone and for weight loss as well.
    My favourite part is the arm seccion from Method Mat.
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Posts: 2,551Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Callanetics is awesome, doesn't require any equipment except something to hold onto. Very effective. If you look at my log you will see I use it way more than anything else. They are from the 80's so very dated, the "10 Years Younger in 10 Hours" is not chaptered has too much filler but once you get the routine down you can fast forward and get done in about 40 minutes. There are newer ones, I use the AM/PM the most because it is the same exercises as 10 Yerars... minus maybe 2 of them but doesn't have the filler. However, the 10 Years is better to start with because there is more instruction.

Amazon.com: Callanetics 10 Years Younger in 10 Hours - Amazon.com Exclusive: Movies & TV
  • Bridal.WreathBridal.Wreath Posts: 65Registered Users
    May I recommend the 10-minute Solutions DVDs? I have actually found that they are rather fun and easy to understand. You would have to look to see which one you would want but, it might be something to look into.
    CG since Feb. 18, 2011
  • JaqueJaque Posts: 4Registered Users
    These video provide the best guide line for the exercise, they can help
    how to perform exercise and also source of the motivation.
  • dianemary126dianemary126 Posts: 184Registered Users
    i lost 30 lbs in 2007 and have kept it off all by doing exercise dvds!!

some of my favorites-
    -jillian michaels (esp 30 day shred & the new 6 pack)

-slim in 6 & slim series (from same company as p90x it really knocks the weight off fast esp in stomach)

-turbo fire (my favorite cardio to do period. its like dance meets kickboxing)

-i've tried p90x and liked it, very challenging but i feel my body likes lifting lighter weights for more reps better- it gives me better muscle tone.

-i also tried chalean extreme and really liked it. was different for me- lifitng super heavy. sadly doing this wound up giving me a shoulder injury

and lately i've been obsessed with jari love's get ripped programs. they are super high rep/low weight and my body is responding to them very well!! they helped break a recent plateau
    Diane
    NYC/NJ
    2c/3a..fine/regular texture..normal porosity..low elasticity..high density..cherub curls

MONAT all natural hair products are the absolute BEST
    http://www.dianemary.mymonat.com

goals: grow out bad breakage cut and artificial hair color1
    last softener: Sept 2010
    last color: 2.14.15
    last cut/trim: 4.7.15

blog: http://dianemarybeauty.blogspot.com
  • jbaybayyjbaybayy Posts: 38Registered Users
    I'm on my second week of Turbo Fire, and so far I'm LOVING it. I was a cheerleader in high school, though, so I think that has something to do with it. I've heard Turbo Jam is the less-intense version, so if you don't want to go all out with Fire, I'd go with Jam. I got mine on ebay for pretty cheap, came with all the DVD's, the nutrition guide, and a body band.
  • etchasketchetchasketch Posts: 56Registered Users
    I'm going to come in with another plug for the 30 day shred! A few years ago I lost about 15 pounds on it...serious results.

Actually, I should probably start doing it again :eek:
    3b! CG since February '11
    Cleanse: Giovanni 50:50 'poo, Deva No-Poo, TJNS for co-wash
    Condition: TN, YTCarrots, AOHR
    Style: F/X curl booster, FOTE AVG, KCCC!, BRHG on top of EVERYTHING

Avoid glycerin and protein like the plague!
    i'm thinking after i get bored w/the get ripped/turbo fire dvds i'm doing now i want to do 30day shred & jillians new ripped in 30 mixed..i was at my thinnest doing shred too!
    Diane
    NYC/NJ
    2c/3a..fine/regular texture..normal porosity..low elasticity..high density..cherub curls

• mopsymopsy Posts: 153Registered Users
    Come on over to Video Fitness: consumer guide to exercise videos! We have a very active and supportive board. Enabling, too, so hang on to your credit card :blob4:
  • sherry7899sherry7899 Posts: 897Registered Users
    Mopsy, are you the same Mopsy on videofitness with the adorable black cat avatar? Small world! I'm sherry7899 on there, too.

Sherry
  • mopsymopsy Posts: 153Registered Users
    Hi Sherry :wave: Yup - that's me, and my kitty :icon_smile:
  • LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i lost 30 lbs in 2007 and have kept it off all by doing exercise dvds!!

some of my favorites-
    -jillian michaels (esp 30 day shred & the new 6 pack)

-slim in 6 & slim series (from same company as p90x it really knocks the weight off fast esp in stomach)

-turbo fire (my favorite cardio to do period. its like dance meets kickboxing)

-i've tried p90x and liked it, very challenging but i feel my body likes lifting lighter weights for more reps better- it gives me better muscle tone.

-i also tried chalean extreme and really liked it. was different for me- lifitng super heavy. sadly doing this wound up giving me a shoulder injury

and lately i've been obsessed with jari love's get ripped programs. they are super high rep/low weight and my body is responding to them very well!! they helped break a recent plateau

You are my exercise twin! I love all the ones you mentioned-- although I've never attempted P90x or Chalean extreme (yet!). I'm on a Turbo Fire kick right now!

Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism are also the bomb. The latter of the 2 requires no weights, and the first really only requires a pair of 3 lb dumbells.
  • NatalkaNatalka Posts: 13Registered Users
    I really love the Jillian Micheals DVDs!
  • Ruth MarieRuth Marie Posts: 72Registered Users
    I'm going to throw in another recommendation for 30 day shred. I've only been doing it a little over a week and I've already lost four of the 20 pounds I wanted to lose! It works fast. My arms are already looking more toned and I've lost an inch off my waist.

Jillian Michaels rocks!
    I'm a Curly Violinist living in the Frozen Tundra.
    Hair Growth Goals:
    SL:
    APL:
    BSL:
    WL:
    LAwoman- turbo fire is my favorite cardio of all time..its soo much fun!!! p90x & chalean extreme are both great- i might favor CLX a little more because they works are shorter & tony does annoy me after a while haha...i;ve tried jillians dvds you mentioned- they rock too..she's just amazing..i really want to try her new ripped in 30 and i have it, i just can't stop doing the jari love/turbofire combo i'm on right now:flower:
    Diane
    NYC/NJ

• evelynnalfredevelynnalfred Posts: 324Registered Users
    I have Turbo Fire. I'm sure if I did it regularly my body would be tone, but on a good week I can do it only twice.
  • Chocolate BubbaliciousChocolate Bubbalicious Posts: 5Registered Users
    I'm using Slimn6 its great! Soon I'll graduate to the Chaleen Extreme.

Sent from my ADR6400L using CurlTalk App
  • fonkifonki Posts: 353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Mmm I think I might try the 30 day shred.

Can anyone recommend any good Pilattes videos?
  • fonkifonki Posts: 353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Started the 30 day shred today. So ask me how i got on at the end of august.

Also I've been bootcamp training twice a week for the past month.

Thinking of taking up yoga as well - twice a week on rest days.

I did however splurge when I was on holidays last week & missed bootcamp as I was outta town. Double whammy!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file