How to properly use a diffuser

happytreefunhappytreefun Posts: 59Registered Users
I got a diffuser when I was about to go into seventh grade and a year later i still don't know how to use it. I bought the Deva Curl hand shaped diffuser from Ulta. My mom tried to help me with it and it turned into a big poofy mess and of course, there were some tears. Then, the next day we tried it again with all the products and it looked better, but it still isn't the result i'm looking for. If you've ever seen this diffuser i'm talking about, you probably know that on the cover of the box it shows a girl with frizz-free, gorgeous curly hair where every single strand of hair is defined. I'm not sure if these are actual results from this diffuser or just a picture on the box to make you buy it (that's what got me to buy it!!) I would love that look and I'm not getting it with the Deva Curl products. I don't really want to buy a new diffuser, so is there any other products that I could use with my diffuser that could make it look good. Also, how do you actually use one? That could be part of what i'm doing wrong. Thanks!

Comments

• curlwhirlgirlcurlwhirlgirl Posts: 10Registered Users
    i have the same diffuser as you. Your supposed to use the finger type things in the diffuser to lift your roots so it gives you more volume on top. Keep trying! that diffuser works on my hair some days, and some days it majorly fails. kinda like today :/:shock::sad1:
  • happytreefunhappytreefun Posts: 59Registered Users
    ok thanks :) i'll keep trying and hopefully i'll get better results.
  • ReDDnStuFFReDDnStuFF Posts: 8Registered Users
    Firstly, the girl on that box is a model who has had her hair professionally done for the purpose of convincing people to buy that particular product, weather it is good or not.
    That said, your diffuser probably works fine. Different people's hair do different things but I know that my hair looks best if I put the usual mousse or cream in it before blow drying, then let it air dry for a little while before I use the diffuser. I think it let's my curls sort of set for a while so that when I dry them they don't poof all over the place. Hope that helped.
  • happytreefunhappytreefun Posts: 59Registered Users
    Thanks so much!! That rly helps im going to try that 2day and see how it turns out!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file