Can't use Search

jencurljencurl Posts: 7Registered Users
Gretchen,

I have tried and tried, but no matter what I do or what I'm looking for, I can not get the search at the top of the page to work. It keeps giving me error messages.
jen/3a/b

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    When does the error message pop up? Do you get the search form? What exactly does the error message say?
    What browser/computer are you using?

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • jencurljencurl Posts: 7Registered Users
    Gretchen,

I do get the search form and can completely fill it out. I get the error message a few minutes after I click on the word search (down below the search form). The error is basically the page you get when you try to can to an internet site and you are not logged into the internet................Says something like:
    The page can not be displayed. The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. You might have problems w/your server or you might need to adjust your browser settings. Then you can refresh the page(same error occurs), find out what your settings are, etc. At the very bottom it says,"Can not find server or DNS. Error Internet Explorer."

The search option just recently stopped working for me.

I'm not very good w/computers, but maybe I can answer your question. We just bought new computers at work. We use dixienet and have Micrsoft Windows 98. We have Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.50.
    jen/3a/b
  • Liza MayLiza May Posts: 8Registered Users
    Hi Gretchen,
    Thought I'd add that I cannot use the search function either - for me it just hangs (and twice hung the whole program, had to exit IE). I'm Win98; IE 5.0.
    This began with the change to the new format. I had no problems searching priot to that.
    Thanks for all your work! And the great site!
    Love Liza
    He-LO-o Yoo-hooooo!
    Any other blonde 3c/4's out there?
    (photos: http://public.fotki.com/LizaMay/ )
    (not pronounced fok-ti)
    (and the word before it is public with an "l")
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    OK; let me go back over to Infopop and see if there's a known conflict.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • T-curlsT-curls Posts: 1Registered Users
    how far back will the search function go?

i keep trying and it will only go back a couple of months for me even if i choose the option of any date.

thanks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file