Wanting to go CG

Please bear with me as my post may get lengthy-I tend to ramble!

I have shoulder length hair (when straightened) that is VERY layer (the back has very short layers from where a stylist got carried away taking off length and weight =[ ) and I have fringe that is eye level.

I have not tried to wear my hair curly since about July or August (it was much shorter then, as I had just cut it off to a bit below my chin-the results were not good).

I am starting back to college in 3 weeks and will not have 1.5 hours each day to spend on my usual hair/make up routine, so I'm very interested in the CG method bc the results I've seen on this site are amazing!

I realize the method will work better as my hair grows out, but I thought I would give my hair a break and try out a few different products while I'm still on break. Hopefully someone will be able to give me advice.

If anyone knows of Paul Mitchell products that can be used (for example, I already use the Awapuhi Wild Ginger Shampoo, which is sulfate free) that would be great! I love their products. I have a trial of the Round Trip curl definer to try out, but I'm not sure if it falls in the CG method. Also, can I still use my Awapuhi Cream Rinse and Awapuhi Intensive Treatment (used once weekly)? Sorry this was so long!

Oh, and when I have worn my hair curly/wavy in the past, I would put tons of conditioner on in the shower, comb with a wide tooth comb, scrunch in the shower, rinse most of it, scrunch excess water out, put in Curly Sexy Hair Cream Curl Definer and spray with Catwalk scrunch spray. I'm sure the scrunch spray is something I can't use anymore =[ Then I diffused until my hair was mostly dry.
Mostly 2c
Medium Width, Low Porosity (unsure), and Med-High Density
Frizz is a huge problem for me

Routine currently undergoing maintenance.
Low-Poo: PM Wild Ginger Awapuhi
CO/RO: SN Coconut
LI: GR Sleek & Shine
Mousse: HETT
Gel: HE Set Me Up
Pomade: BedHead Manipulator
DT: Aussie 3 Minute Miracle

Hair Likes: moisture, pineappling, scrunching
Hair Dislikes: raking product in, glycerin

Comments

• Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Registered Users Posts: 2,573 Curl Neophyte
    Sorry to be the bearer of sad tidings, but while the Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Shampoo is sulfate free, it isn't cone free, so it's not CG.

Ingredients: water, sodium cocoyl isethionate, cocamidopropyl betaine, disodium cococamphodiacetate, trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, laureth-4, laureth-23, phenoxyethanol, glycerin, polyquaternium-5, keratin, hydrolyzed keratin, oxidized keratin, hedychium coronarium (white ginger) root extract, polyquaternium-10, hydrolyzed wheat protein, biovlavonoids, citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) peel extract, camellia sinensis leaf extract, guar hydroypropyltrimonium chloride, citric acid, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, magnesium chloride, magnesium nitrate, fragrance/parfum, benzyl salicylate, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, linalool.

Round Trip looks okay, as does the Awapuhi Wild Ginger Keratin Cream Rinse. There's no ingredients list for Awapuhi Intensive Treatment in the Products section here on NaturallyCurly.com, so no idea about that, but basically you're looking for ingredients the names of which end with -cone, -conol, -col, or -xane and don't begin with PEG, as those are cones. You can get more information about what to look out for at Live Curly, Live Free. You might find it helpful to use their Curl Wizard service, in which they analyze you hair characteristics, and recommend product ingredients (and specific products, if you choose to use that part of their service).

BTW, you can look up ingredients here on NaturallyCurly.com, Drugstore.com, or Walgreen.com.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file