Help With My Hair Type? 17 Year Old Male

AlldayEverydayAlldayEveryday Posts: 3Registered Users
Hello,I was just wondering if someone could help me out on what hair type my hair is or could be?

It gets oily when i do not wash it for about 2-3 days and i get dandruff too.

The longer my hair gets the curlier it gets,As of right now iam going to grow it to pony tail length.

I have provided two (not so great) pictures of my hair back when i was around 14-15.My hair was about 3 months long in these pictures and it was poofing alot at the top.

Iam mixed raced, Quarter Caribbean and Caucasian.

Does anyone know how long it will take till my hair starts to grow downwards and any tips on how to keep my curls?

Also ive been told my hair will take around 1 year to grow to pony tail length.

Any tips would help me out alot.

Thanks for your time and have a happy new year.

Comments

• RimiRimi Posts: 2,001Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Well, it's hard to tell from the pictures because you're wearing a hat, but I'd say that you're a 3A or 3B hair type.

You say you want to know how long it will take your hair to grow, but it's hard to answer that without knowing your current routine. What do you do daily? Weekly? What sort of products do you use? This way, we can help you figure out if you are helping or hindering your growth.
    21 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; MBL stretched}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), Aussie 3MMM Treatment | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LC sometimes O}

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!
  • AlldayEverydayAlldayEveryday Posts: 3Registered Users
    Thanks for your reply, 3A seems to be the nearest type for me :) and sorry for the pictures there the only two decent pic's i have.

As for products i use this:

Asda Jojoba Shampoo - Review - Jojoba me up baby!

I also use the same product but conditioner.

Both say for dry/damaged hair on the front of them.

I wash my hair everyday in the shower first i use the shampoo then use the conditioner.Then i dry my hair with a dry towel.
  • RimiRimi Posts: 2,001Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks for your reply, 3A seems to be the nearest type for me :) and sorry for the pictures there the only two decent pic's i have.

As for products i use this:

Asda Jojoba Shampoo - Review - Jojoba me up baby!

I also use the same product but conditioner.

Both say for dry/damaged hair on the front of them.

I wash my hair everyday in the shower first i use the shampoo then use the conditioner.Then i dry my hair with a dry towel.

Would you mind listing the ingredient in those two products? it has jojoba in it, i assume, and that is great.

You might want to consider only washing once or twice a week with shampoo, and then if your scalp becomes oily in between your shampoo washes, you would "wash" with conditioner. Believe it or not, symptoms of dry scalp include oily hair and flaking scalp. While I'm not suggesting that you have dry scalp, I still recommend that you cut back on shampooing so often, as it can be drying to both your scalp and your hair.

Hope that helps!
    21 y/o lifelong natural {4a-O ; spongy ; coarse ; dense ; MBL stretched}

products {'poo: TJTTT shampoo | RO: TJTTT Condish | LI/style: TJTTT Condish, homemade cocoa butter cream | DC: condish + ayurvedic powder(s), Aussie 3MMM Treatment | PT: condish + NPF | oils: castor oil, grapeseed oil | other treatments: probiotics, tea rinses, AVG rinse/spritz, oil rinse | sealing method: LC sometimes O}

long-term: HL stretched, BSL unstretched

CG-friendly Products List!
  • AlldayEverydayAlldayEveryday Posts: 3Registered Users
    Thanks for the tips ill be sure to try that! :)

The Shampoo contains:

Aqua,Sodium Laureth Sulfrate,Sodium Chloride,Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein,Citric Acid,Cocamidopropyl Betaine,DMDM Hydantoin,Guar Hydroxypropyl,Trimonium Chloride,PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate,Magnesium Nitrate,methylchloroisothiazolinone,
    methylisothiazolinone,Magnesium Chloride,
    Simmondsia Chinenis ,Propylene Glycol,Parfum,C.I 17200, C.I 19140 and C.1 45100.

The Conditioner contains:
    C.I 17200, C.I 19140,Aqua,Cetearyl alcohol,Cetrimonium chloride,Gkycerin,propylparaben,
    Methylparaben,Citric Acid,Parfum,Simmondsia Chinenis,Propylene Glycol,butylphenyl methylpropional,Hexy Cinnamal and Citronellol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file