Aphogee for transitioning hair?

xrishyrishxxrishyrishx Registered Users Posts: 7
Hey there, I am 18 months into my transition and I'm about to finally big chop a week from now, whoo! Anywho, I have a question. Has anyone who transitioned used the Aphogee hair care for damaged hair? I did the big mistake of using the instyler (Which effed up my hair really bad) without a heat protectant and now I have alot of heat damage. There's alot of holes, knicks, cracks etc in my hair strands. I know, I'm going to start the the process of getting healthy hair over again but would you recommend it? thank you.

Comments

• traetrae Registered Users Posts: 1
    I used Aphogee in my hair just the other day and had good results with it. I haven't had a relaxer in my hair since about April 2010. Follow the directions to the tee and make sure you use a moisturizing conditioner after the treatment and a leave moisturizing daily conditioner and you should be just fine.
    "guys have their cars, girls have their hair" - Kitty, That 70's Show
  • SweetZcurlZSweetZcurlZ Registered Users Posts: 20
    I currently transitioning 12mos post relaxer. I use Aphogee Keratin 2 minute reconstructor. I use it biweekly then deep condition after for a hour or so. Its a great mild protein treatment. I want to explore more with aphogee products but I like what I see so far. Hope this helps
    Poo:Komaza Califia
    DC: Honey, Coconut oil, and Condish
    Leave in:Komaza Califa
    Sealant: Komaza Moku butter
    Condish:Trader's Joe Tree Tingle, YTC
    Protective stlyes:Flat twist out, Buns, Braid Out Updos
    Treatments: Protein, Henna
    Current length: SL
    Hair goal: Healthy full Hair but Length would nice
    Transitioning Since: Dec 25 2009
    BC?!?!?!?!? I dunno Maybe never
    Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/MonnyD/
  • AllycoilsAllycoils Registered Users Posts: 147
    Aphogee is fine to use whether relaxed or natural. I know alot of relaxed women that use it, as well as natural, so I'm sure using it on transitioning hair is no different. I use it on my hair and I'm still transitioning (until tomorrow!).

event.png

Funky 4a
    Fotki link in profile

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file