Do Most People Look Best With Their Natural Hair Color?

1Joy1Joy Posts: 356Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I heard a hairstylist mention that most people look best with their natural hair color or a few shades close to their hair color. I have seen people rock majorly different hair colors really well but I also know that someone's natural color is guaranteed to look good with their complexion & undertone. Does color look unnatural on you? Do people tell you that you look better with certain colors? Do you avoid color bcs of the chemical regardless if it looks better or not?
My quote: Supercharge Your Superhuman w/my 4-part brain Activation System:
Body, Mind, Emotions..oh and curls!
http://www.Joythedetoxcoach.com

Comments

• subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    i don't look best with my natural hair color! i look better with honey/caramel colored hair. i've had people even tell me that they thought honey/caramel was my natural color. naturally my hair is off black and whenever i color my hair back to it's natural color (or within a shade or two) it always looks super fake. i think the color combined with my hair texture tends to look wig-ish. and i always tend to go back to my natural color during the fall or winter months, when my skin gets paler too, so overall it just looks kind of harsh.
  • FronomenalFronomenal Posts: 712Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think people look better with their natural hair color. I stay away from color because of the harsh chemicals. If I wanted a change, I'd try henna.

• adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Fronomenal wrote: »
    I think people look better with their natural hair color. I stay away from color because of the harsh chemicals. If I wanted a change, I'd try henna.

+1 I think majority of people look better with natural color but a lot depends on skin tone. I don't dye. I love my natural reddish brown color but many of my family members don't care for it on them and dye it their hair black.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    I think people look best with their natural hair color. Nature doesn't make mistakes ;)

But that doesn't mean that if they change it to something else that they wouldn't look good with it. I guess I think of it the same way I see natural hair. After years of relaxers and heat frying, I think I look best with my natural hair texture. I think that of other's as well.
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • AmberBrownAmberBrown Posts: 1,072Registered Users
    CocoT wrote: »
    I think people look best with their natural hair color. Nature doesn't make mistakes ;)

Mmhm. :)
  • kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
    Well I have that jet black hair that many people crave and it looks horrid on me. :sign6: I look best with highlights. This is a fact.
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
  • Alice_42 Alice_42 Posts: 791Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't. My natural hair color is significantly lighter than my eyebrows to the point it looks like my hair was dyed and I never bothered to match them.
    event.png

Last relaxer: August 2008
    Big Chop: December 2008/January 2009
    Blog: Alice in Nappyland
  • QVCDivaQVCDiva Posts: 1,329Registered Users
    In most cases, I would say a person's natural color looks better on them but I've also seen cases where that's not the case.
    Last Relaxer: 09/19/08
    BC: 01/30/09
    Misc: 1st time going natural was '94-'98; 2nd time - '99-2003; This time I will not go back to relaxers.
    http://public.fotki.com/QVCDiva/
  • blessedhimeblessedhime Posts: 1,458Registered Users
    QVCDiva wrote: »
    In most cases, I would say a person's natural color looks better on them but I've also seen cases where that's not the case.

I agree. In my case, I find that my natural hair colour (black) looks best on me. When I was relaxed, I dyed it a very deep red / burgundy and got some compliments. I think my personality plays a part too because I'm not the kind of adventurous person to dye my hair blonde or another bright shade. I guess, if you love whichever hair colour you have, rock it! :blob7:
    Blessed Princess Diamante, High Archivist of the Thrifty Trinitarians in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Relaxer: July 31st, 2008
    BC: 14th August, 2009
    Favourite Product Line: None at the moment
    HGs: Amla, brahmi, maka, neem, hibiscus and fenugreek powders.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • 1Joy1Joy Posts: 356Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Maybe it's similar to someone being cool, warm or neutral. A cool does not look good in warm colors and vice versa, but a neutral looks good in all colors.
    My quote: Supercharge Your Superhuman w/my 4-part brain Activation System:
    Body, Mind, Emotions..oh and curls!
    http://www.Joythedetoxcoach.com

• hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

i've been dyed almost every color under the sun. my natural hair color when i was a child was sandy red brown. it always looked dusty lol.

i dye my hair richer shades of red and get the most compliments. something in the red family always works for me, i guess because 'red' is my natural color family. i've also gone very dark (jet black). i like that as well.

my skin undertone is yellow/orange/golden.
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Posts: 1,084Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Depends.

My hair is dark brown and gets naturally lighter/a reddish tinge in the summer (I'm pretty sure that's common though). I don't care how moisturized I keep my hair and how healthy it is; when I dye my hair black, it looks SOOOO much better. I just look better with darker hair I guess, but I'm sure natural hair color suits A LOT of people best. I don't dye my hair anymore since I'm trying to grow it out and I don't want to change the curl pattern, but boy do I miss my dye :(
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
  • lisa6lisa6 Posts: 543Registered Users Curl Novice
    I think people look better with their natural hair color or within a few shades of it, and skin undertones should be considered when choosing color. I realize some want the dramatic effect, or they want to rock the latest hollywood colors, but while the hair itself may look nice, it doesn't really complement the person wearing it, but oh well...it aint my hair.

I'm getting more grays, and my hair is the darkest it's ever been because of henna/indigo. It's a little too dark for my taste. I will eventually dye my hair a warm brown (slightly lighter than my natural color). I'm not afraid to use permanent color. I'm finding semi-permanent to be high maintenance, and I just want to color when the roots grow out.
    comic-p.jpg
    4a fine, thin, high porosity
    Poo: SM Y&B, BT TT
    C: HE Reconditioning, Suave Almond and Shea
    DC: CJ CR, CJ RM
    LI: JC DT
    Curl Cream: RN BWCC, CJ CCCC
    Gel: CJ AFG
    Refresher: SM Thickening Mist, SM Y&A Milk, CJ CIAB
    Moisturizer: CJ SL, SM CES
  • NickalNackNickalNack Posts: 29Registered Users
    I think both can look good or bad on a person. Some people's natural hair color doesn't go as well with their skin in my opinion as another color would, and the same goes for unnatural color as well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file