Well, I can't do an ACV rinse.

PeachNapPeachNap Posts: 25Registered Users
I have these nice shampoo bars from Chagrin Valley (Honey Butter Beer and Ayruvedic Herbs). They both worked pretty well in clarifying and cleaning my hair. I know that you have to restore the PH balance by doing a vinegar rinse, but I'm allergic to raw apples so I can't use apple cider vinegar. Would an oil rinse with olive oil be a good substitute or should I just go with white vinegar?

Comments

• 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    PeachNap wrote: »
    I have these nice shampoo bars from Chagrin Valley (Honey Butter Beer and Ayruvedic Herbs). They both worked pretty well in clarifying and cleaning my hair. I know that you have to restore the PH balance by doing a vinegar rinse, but I'm allergic to raw apples so I can't use apple cider vinegar. Would an oil rinse with olive oil be a good substitute or should I just go with white vinegar?
    Lemon juice works well also. Same way you do an acv rinse. You just need an acid to restore the pH balance.
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • makeupvixenmakeupvixen Posts: 507Registered Users
    Lemon juice is great to use. I also read on Chagrin Valley that regular Clear Vinegar is ok, it's just recommended to use the Apple Cider Vinegar.
  • moodydovemoodydove Posts: 1,721Registered Users
    Tea works too. I usually use green tea or hibiscus.
    Big chop: 5/30/10
    CG, clarify with Aveda Brilliant Shampoo when needed
    Dense, medium-fine strands, lowish porosity. Avoiding glycerin outside the shower.
    Cowash:Suave Coconut Conditioner.
    Leave in: YtCucumbers and EVOO
    Styling Products: Flaxseed gel, Phillip B Soft Hold Gel, KMF Upper Management Gel
    DC: Doctored GVP or Suave conditioner
    Cleanser: Bentonite clay
  • makeupvixenmakeupvixen Posts: 507Registered Users
    moodydove wrote: »
    Tea works too. I usually use green tea or hibiscus.

Oh yeah, tea, i forgot. I get my green tea fresh herbal powder from Bird Pick. They have an online store too. I love sprinkling this in my henna mixes.

Dang now ya'll got my gears turning and thinking about making a tea/lemon herbal rinse. Guess I wont get any sleep tonight, lol
  • breathebreathe Posts: 399Registered Users
    White vinegar works the same as ACV.
    big chop: 03/09/2010.
    modified cg.
    medium/coarse | dense | normal porosity | 4b/3c with random sprinkles of 4a.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file