Let's read a free book! (Boomygirl and Wild Hair, I think you'll like this)

EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
nm

Comments

• geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    I downloaded this and am about halfway through. It definitely ties in with observations I'd made about the similarity in rhetoric between the Islamic hate-mongers and the proponents of the "War on Terror" in the west, so it's interesting to read about the psychological basis behind the similarities.
    Thanks for the link.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • legendslegends Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    Thanks for the link! I'm reading this as soon as I'm done with my current book.
    Eres o te haces?
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Heh heh...I saw my name in the title of this OP and had to respond. I'm not able to access this link, but will do so in the near future.

What are your thoughts about this book?
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • SailaSaila Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    geeky wrote: »
    I downloaded this and am about halfway through. It definitely ties in with observations I'd made about the similarity in rhetoric between the Islamic hate-mongers and the proponents of the "War on Terror" in the west, so it's interesting to read about the psychological basis behind the similarities.
    Thanks for the link.

THIS!
    There is a tremendous amount of significance to your observations. When Religion becomes Evil by Charles Kimball is highly relevant and insightful about this topic. It's not an anti-religious rhetoric at all, in case the title leads you to think that. The author is an ordained Baptist minister and a professor of Islamic studies.

Here's a little bit more about him:
    BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH FOR CHARLES KIMBALL
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks for the link. I'm downloading and add to my kindle reading list.
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    nm

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file