Bake cupcakes ahead of time? QUESTION ADDED

sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
My son's birthday party is tomorrow afternoon and I'll be making cupcakes (at his request). Can I bake them and frost them today? Will they stay fresh? If so, what's the best way to store them?
ehLB.jpg

Comments

• SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    Yeah, it's not a problem. Store at room temperature in an airtight container or a cake stand with a cover if you have one.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Good, then I'll try to make them tonight and have one less thing to do tomorrow.

Next question: How many cupcakes per person should I make? I say 2, DH says 1 or 1.5. This will affect if I make one cake mix or two. (I'm not motivated enough to make them from scratch.)
    ehLB.jpg
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    About 1 cupcake/full size, per person.....
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    Yeah, making them today will be no problem. As to how many to make per person, you can always make more than you think you need and freeze the rest for later, unfrosted of course. Personally I think 1 per person is sufficient (I don't have much of a sweet-tooth for cupcakes), but it's always nice to have extras for those who like more than 1.

Happy Birthday to your son. :occasion9:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file