Early birthday present.

NalliaNallia Posts: 2,979Registered Users
My birthday is on Monday, the 3rd. My husband surprised me with a NOOKColor last night while I was putting my son to bed (he went out to the store without me knowing). He left it on the couch, near the end table where my laptop is, for me to find when I came downstairs.

I bought four Read to Me childrens books and downloaded a free one (it came with two free childrens books). It's nice to have it available for reading to the kids and working on teaching them to read (they're almost 5 and 3), but they're just as happy with their TAG Readers.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with this thing. lol I was thinking of buying myself one for my birthday, but that's just because it's shiny.

I adore my NOOK Classic and still buy 5-10 hardcovers a month on top of ebooks; I really don't need a NOOKColor. I'm really grateful that my husband was so thoughtful--he knows how much I love to read and how much I love new gadgets--but I have to admit that this is the first time I'e ever gotten a new toy that I don't really know what to do with. LOL So now I have to find a place for it in my life. ;)
"...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Oh, you will...verah cool! I love my Kindle :read2:
    Oh, and Happy Birfday!
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    Happy birthday and cool gift!

We have a Kindle and were considering buying another one or getting a Nook for our second e-reader.
  • curlyserfcurlyserf Posts: 858Registered Users
    Santa brought me a Kindle for Christmas and I am really liking it, but I really wanted a NOOKColor. I downloaded a children's book for my daughter on my Kindle and kept thinking that it would be so much better if it were in color. I also wanted to subscribe to some magazines and I think they would be better in color, too.

I really like having an e-reader, though. I read this month's book club book in 5 days, which is a definite record for me. I think it will be a great addition.

Happy early birthday!

Kerri
    2?/3a ??? ; fine; high density; normal porosity and elasticity
    color treated

CURRENTLY USING:
    cleanse:Organix Vanilla Silk, Use Me Cleansing Cream
    rinse out/li:Ion Effective Care, Tresseme Naturals Radiant Volume (both with NPF added)
    stylers:Curl Keeper, UFD Curly Magic, & Alba Botanicals Strong Hold Gel
    PT:CJ Repair Me

mod CG since August 2010

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file