Sexy or practical?

LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
I'm going to a party tonight. I pretty much know what I'm going to wear, with the exception of my shoes. We had 20 inches of snow earlier this week, so my snow boots would be the most practical, but they don't exactly go with my outfit and they're not sexy. I also have a pair of dress boots, but they'd be impractical as they aren't exactly made for snow and ice. I have to add that the party isn't with all with friends, it's a singles event at a lounge. A friend will be going with me, but still. And I'm not looking to find anyone. I'm basically just there to spend time with the friend. What to wear?
Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
BC'd: 9/18/09
Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/

Comments

• ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Well, since you never know, I would wear something warm but a bit sexy; a sweater with a v neck, or a skirt with which some practical boots look good. Or, bring along some cute shoes and change once you get there, since I'm assuming there will be a coat check?

And lipstick.

Have a great time!
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,748Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I like the idea of bringing extra shoes. You may be going there to spend time with your friend, but you never know.

And of course lipstick. That's a given. I have 3 tubes of the same color. I found the perfect color. I have one at home, one at work, and one in my purse.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    How much time are you actually going to be spending outside? Very little, I suspect. Wear the sexy boots and be careful while yo're outside, and you'll be glad you did, I suspect.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    Lipstick would be a given :D

I may consider bringing extra shoes. I don't want to break something on the way to and from the event.
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque

• kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    I'd just bring extra shoes. Its not really possible to wear heels in those conditions and you don't want to wear snow boots when dressed up.

Have fun!

The lipstick suggestion made me laugh - I dont even own lipstick, but now I know its an essential to any outfit ;)
  • quickcurlquickcurl Posts: 1,310Registered Users
    Hmmm.....I think it depends on where you'll be walking outside. If you'll be walking from a parking lot directly to the lounge, you should be safe wearing cute/sexy shoes. But if you have to park in a garage, or on the street and then walk to the lounge, there might be ice/snow.

I thought about bringing extra shoes, but then when do you change them and what do you do with the extra pair?

A side note/funny story - three or four years ago, I was in Providence with my then boyfriend and some friends for New Years and I went with the cute/sexy boots that went with my outfit. All was well, that was until we were walking the streets after the bar and I took my hand off of his arm for a split second to get his camera out of my purse and I busted my behind on a patch of ice in the street in the middle of the city. :toothy10: Boy was I sore but I looked cute laying on the street on the ice!
    "It's hard to remember a time, when I didn't have you", Richie Sambora
    "Boys are bad and men are stupid", WB's
    "After a while, you just want to be with the one that makes you laugh" Mr. Big
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Wear the practical boots to the event, then change into the sexy boots at the event.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,727Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    our snow is all melting today with temps WAY above freezing so i will be wearing my boots for traction on the ice that now covers everything and i'll carry my shoes.

when there's a coat check, what i do is bring an extra plastic shopping bag and put my boots in it and hang it with my coat.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    Yes, and change your shoes in the ladies lounge. You can always sit on the toilet if there's no couch. (Check for dryness first.)

kat, I have a thing for lipstick. But if you're the kind who can get away without it, by all means, skip it.
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    ninja dog wrote: »
    Yes, and change your shoes in the ladies lounge. You can always sit on the toilet if there's no couch. (Check for dryness first.)

kat, I have a thing for lipstick. But if you're the kind who can get away without it, by all means, skip it.

Im not sure I can get away without it, more, it kinda scares me. It so bold and its hard to find the edge of your lips, and finding the right colour is daunting, so that it doesn't make your teeth look yellow.

I dunno. Im so unused to wearing it the odd times I have tried it, all I see its like lipstick! Abnormal coloured lips - look everyone!:toothy7:

Lets just say all make up is like that for me, and I could do with guidance lol.

I brush a bit of powder on (sometimes works, sometimes just goes dry and cakey) and go usually. I envy those women who understand make up. It looks so pretty.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,182Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Definitely bring extra shoes. It's messy outside!
    Singles event - I'd wear either black with a v-neck or a bright color like red or turquoise and jewelry.

I hope you have a good time!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
    kat180 wrote: »
    ninja dog wrote: »

Im not sure I can get away without it, more, it kinda scares me. It so bold and its hard to find the edge of your lips, and finding the right colour is daunting, so that it doesn't make your teeth look yellow.

I dunno. Im so unused to wearing it the odd times I have tried it, all I see its like lipstick! Abnormal coloured lips - look everyone!:toothy7:

Lets just say all make up is like that for me, and I could do with guidance lol.

I brush a bit of powder on (sometimes works, sometimes just goes dry and cakey) and go usually. I envy those women who understand make up. It looks so pretty.

I know what you mean. I'm at about kindergarten level myself.

Phoenix is the master --- I mean, mistress. I'd love to get her to work on my eyebrows.

LadyV, have a great time in whatever footwear you choose! And good for you for going out.
  • NejNej Posts: 2,444Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm weating 4 inch gold D&G shoes tonight. They will hurt my feet after a few hours but I don't care. It's New Years and I'm wearing my gold shoes dammit!!

I think you know my answer :toothy7:
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-2027-1364839025-19.gif
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    So...? How'd it go? What did you wear?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Phoenix wrote: »
    So...? How'd it go? What did you wear?
    Yes, inquiring minds wanna know! :blob7:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    Oh I wore the practical shoes to the event. Changed into the dressy ones once I got inside. It was fine :D

I saw some women in the street and in the lounge wearing open toes shoes. In the snow and slush. I have never understood how some women can do that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file