How's curlypearl today?

ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Just checking in on yet another of you wonderful New York curlies. :angel10:

Comments

• LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,751Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I was just wondering that myself. The weather there is crazy right now.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,182Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thank you :love3: !!

I had a horrible day yesterday because I am facing another surgery Monday and all of a sudden yesterday it hit me and I had a complete meltdown. Crying, feelings of worthlessness, abandonment, "I am a failure" etc. every stupid, bad, feeling that really was just terror manifesting as hysterics.

I posted somewhere else on nc.com - have to check back there and post that I am back from the depths! I hadn't faced the anxiety until yesterday and I suddenly wildly freaked out. Much, much better today. Lots of calls from supportive friends and family. For asking after me - super (((HUGS))) and sincere thank you!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Let us know how it goes, cp. Will you be out for a while? We'll miss you, but of course, everything will be fine.
    Thanks, Ninj. I'll be out for a few days and and mute for a while. My funny brother said "the perfect woman - can't talk back." I'll have a drain in my neck for a while - call Roto Rooter.

After a few weeks I should be good as new! I feel a little abashed for getting so hysterical online but I was, as the saying goes, besides myself. I would have called a shrink I see once in a while but he's out of town. Feeling just fine today. :blob7:
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    (((hugs))) CP! :love3:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

Hey there Wile - Happy New Year to you - with all the bells and whistles (and bananas) in the world. :love3:
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oh, don't think twice about having a meltdown here. As everyone has already said, we've all done it. You're entitled. (Not that it was much of a meltdown: go ahead and scream if you want to!)

I'll be thinking of you and wishing you well. I think you're brave.
  • eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    nc.com is the BEST place to have a melt down 'cause there's always someone here for you. Best of everything in Monday and have a great weekend curlypearl!!!
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    Best of luck to you, Curlypearl. I'll be thinking of you on Monday and wishing you a speedy recovery. Take care and be good to yourself this weekend. You deserve it! :flower:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CP, if you need someone to talk to, you can call me any time!
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq

• lauraloolauraloo Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    Have a great New Years' celebration curlypearl!

I will be in the hospital on Monday as well. I start my second internship on Monday and I will definitely be thinking of you as I am visiting/working with many others recovering in the hospital. Wishing you a speedy and comfortable recovery!
    Not all who wander are lost.

Fine and thin 3a. PW: curls
    ninja dog wrote: »
    Oh, don't think twice about having a meltdown here. As everyone has already said, we've all done it. You're entitled. (Not that it was much of a meltdown: go ahead and scream if you want to!)

I'll be thinking of you and wishing you well. I think you're brave.

You still make me laugh Ninja Dog. Me brave?? - I was wwhiiiiniiinggg. I luv ya! :love5:
    eche428 wrote: »
    n c.com is the BEST place to have a melt down 'cause there's always someone here for you. Best of everything in Monday and have a great weekend curlypearl!!!

Thanks Eche! You always have something intelligent to say - I've noticed that!
    misspam wrote: »
    Best of luck to you, Curlypearl. I'll be thinking of you on Monday and wishing you a speedy recovery. Take care and be good to yourself this weekend. You deserve it! :flower:

Thanks for your good wishes MissPam! I'm feeling lucky now and I plan to surprise everyone by how fast I recover. :nike:
    CP, if you need someone to talk to, you can call me any time!
    You, Wile, are in a class by yourself. I enjoy you! Just keep posting - better than the Comedy Club. And a kind heart too. :wave:
    lauraloo wrote: »
    Have a great New Years' celebration curlypearl!

I will be in the hospital on Monday as well. I start my second internship on Monday and I will definitely be thinking of you as I am visiting/working with many others recovering in the hospital. Wishing you a speedy and comfortable recovery!

Wow Lauraloo - That's terrific! Wherever you are they are lucky to have you. I wish you all the good luck in the world. Happy New Year!
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,683Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    curlypearl, I will be thinking about you on Monday. I hope your surgery goes well and that your recovery is as comfortable as possible.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
    You, Wile, are in a class by yourself. I enjoy you! Just keep posting - better than the Comedy Club. And a kind heart too. :wave:
    :notworthy: :oops: :love5:
    0004.gif

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm glad you are feeling better today. You will be fine, but I can understand the meltdown. ;) Have a wonderful New Year and all the best! I'll be thinking of you and praying for you Monday. :angel2:

Pls PM me anytime you need to. :) :love1:
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    CP, I honestly adore you, just like everyone else here does!

I'll be thinking about you Monday and look forward to hearing how quickly you recovered and how well everything went.

Big hugs!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,751Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    CP, you will be in my thoughts and prayers on Monday. I didn't see your melt down thread. It breaks my heart that you have gone and are going thru so much. Big (((HUGS))). We are all here for you. :nike:
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • WiregirlWiregirl Posts: 1,695Registered Users
    CP best of luck and good karma for Monday!
    Spiralli wrote: »
    curlypearl, I will be thinking about you on Monday. I hope your surgery goes well and that your recovery is as comfortable as possible.

Thanks, Spiralli. I'm feeling anxious and logged hoping hoping to be encouraged. I was glad to get your post!
    CurliLocks wrote: »
    I'm glad you are feeling better today. You will be fine, but I can understand the meltdown. ;) Have a wonderful New Year and all the best! I'll be thinking of you and praying for you Monday. :angel2:

Pls PM me anytime you need to. :) :love1:

Hi Curlilocks. I'm not in meltdown but I'm feeling skeered Eeek! so I'm glad you will be praying for me. Thank you!
    spring1onu wrote: »
    CP, I honestly adore you, just like everyone else here does!

I'll be thinking about you Monday and look forward to hearing how quickly you recovered and how well everything went.

Big hugs!!!

Oh Spring, you make me smile right in the midst of an anxiety attack. Thank you. :happy7:
    Lotsawaves wrote: »
    CP, you will be in my thoughts and prayers on Monday. I didn't see your melt down thread. It breaks my heart that you have gone and are going thru so much. Big (((HUGS))). We are all here for you. :nike:

Lotsa, Thanks for the kind thoughts! Phooey on the crummy man you met - you deserve the best! (((HUGS)))
    Wiregirl wrote: »
    CP best of luck and good karma for Monday!
    Good karma - that's what I definitely need. (And hope the surgeon is recovered from NY'es eve!) Thanks Wiregirl!
  • KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    CP, I didn't know about your coming surgery, but wish you the best possible results and a super quick recovery.
    3a/2c
    Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
    AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon
    KurlyKae wrote: »
    CP, I didn't know about your coming surgery, but wish you the best possible results and a super quick recovery.

Thanks KKae! I really appreciate all these good wishes and encouragement. :love7:
  • LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Awww I didn't know about your surgery either CP. Many (((hugs))) and positive thoughts headed your way!!!
    Thanks, LAWoman! I didn't post it outright but I kind of sneaked it in - part of me didn't want to make a fuss and part of me wanted T's & P's and encouragement - that part is winning out (LOL). So I appreciate your post a lot! Happy New Year :love7:
  • kasdenkasden Posts: 1,045Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm praying for you CP! Wish I could be there to take care of you and make you some soup! Here's some e-flowers :flower: :toothy4: :flower: :toothy4:

{{{hugzzz}}} and :love7: to you sweetie!!!
    2c/3a, fine, low-med porosity, below BSL, mod CG since 9/09

"I'm fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world." - Leigh Standley
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've been thinking of you. :) Ts & Ps already started for a successful and speedy surgery and recovery tomorrow. :love1:

Take care! Post as soon as you can. We'll miss you.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
    kasden wrote: »
    I'm praying for you CP! Wish I could be there to take care of you and make you some soup! Here's some e-flowers :flower: :toothy4: :flower: :toothy4:

{{{hugzzz}}} and :love7: to you sweetie!!!

So funny, kasden! I love the flowers . :blob4:
    CurliLocks wrote: »
    I've been thinking of you. :) Ts & Ps already started for a successful and speedy surgery and recovery tomorrow. :love1:

Take care! Post as soon as you can. We'll miss you.

Thanks Curlilocks. I'll miss all of you too! :love7:
  • maria_imaria_i Posts: 1,764Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm praying for you. Please write as soon as possible. We will miss you. Hugs:-)
    3a/b.
    Mexico City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks so much Maria! I wish I could have a drink but its not allowed. I really, really appreciate all the responses and I'm trying to forgive myself for being kind of a baby about it. After all, people go through much worse. I'm feeling optimistic now. Cheers! :thumbleft:
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    Curlypearl, I hope all goes well tomorrow and your recovery is short & sweet, just smooth sailing :)
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
    Curlypearl, I hope all goes well tomorrow and your recovery is short & sweet, just smooth sailing :)

Sounds good to me, Sarcasm! Thank you, sweetie! It will be weird not sounding like a frog anymore. :toothy4:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file