Braid & Twist Out

adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I usually rock twist outs. I really like this style but to be honest I like the look from braid outs a little more. Trouble is I don't like to do braid outs because they're too much trouble to take down. Until now.

I saw someone on Youtube suggesting that you braid until maybe the last inch then twist the rest of the way. I've done this twice and am very pleased with the results. It's not as easy to take down as a twist out because I do that with one swoop but it's way easier than braiding all the way down.
Hope this helps someone else.:love10:
Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:

Comments

• Infinity12Infinity12 Posts: 34Registered Users
    adthomas wrote: »
    I usually rock twist outs. I really like this style but to be honest I like the look from braid outs a little more. Trouble is I don't like to do braid outs because they're too much trouble to take down. Until now.

I saw someone on Youtube suggesting that you braid until maybe the last inch then twist the rest of the way. I've done this twice and am very pleased with the results. It's not as easy to take down as a twist out because I do that with one swoop but it's way easier than braiding all the way down.
    Hope this helps someone else.:love10:

How do you make a twist out? And what is a twist out?
    Thanks!
    Infinity
    www.pianolessonsnj.com
    3a fine i
  • Cali ChikCali Chik Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    A Twist out (Or even a Braid out) is when you twist your real hair in small sections, leave it in for a few hours (usually overnight or even a couple days) then take them out and have a curly, crinkly, stretched hair style.

here is an example

phpLxZnOl.jpg
    subbrock wrote: »
    - don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.

www.lifestarbeauty.com
    Hate me? Love me? then Follow me! www.twitter.com/vidastarr

• LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    I always twist the last inch of hair or so when I do braidouts. It makes the takedown easier. Braidouts show off more length but for me, they tend to be hit or miss.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
  • FronomenalFronomenal Posts: 712Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    LadyV69 wrote: »
    I always twist the last inch of hair or so when I do braidouts. It makes the takedown easier. Braidouts show off more length but for me, they tend to be hit or miss.
    +1
    Braid-outs are my fav style! They cut down on tangles.

• pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Posts: 1,665Registered Users
    I've never done a braid out, but I will be tonight. I've had my hair in cornrows since Monday and I'm doing a style with my stretched hair for a New Years event I'm going to tonight. I hope it works out well. (fingers crossed)
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: http://www.youtube.com/user/papiermachecurls

s-event.pngs-event.png
  • Cali ChikCali Chik Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    I just tried the braid with the twist at the end today. I hope it comes out good.
    subbrock wrote: »
    - don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.

www.lifestarbeauty.com
    Hate me? Love me? then Follow me! www.twitter.com/vidastarr

• susususu Posts: 767Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    This is how I always do my braid-outs. The results look more natural when I twist the ends (I never really thought about the takedown).
    Cali Chik wrote: »
    A Twist out (Or even a Braid out) is when you twist your real hair in small sections, leave it in for a few hours (usually overnight or even a couple days) then take them out and have a curly, crinkly, stretched hair style.

here is an example

phpLxZnOl.jpg

Oh! Sexy! very nice.
    I'd like to try twists. I've never done it. My hair is 2c/3a just past my shoulder in length.
    I assume you grab two strands, and twist them up? How do you secure the ends?
    Thank you!
    Infinity
    Infinity
    www.pianolessonsnj.com
    3a fine i
  • DerbyCityNaturalsDerbyCityNaturals Posts: 422Registered Users
    @infiniti if you go to youtube and search for two strand twist you will get plenty of vids providing you with instruction. Tightly curly hair does not need to be secured because it will curl upon itself but for looser curls you can use ouchless rubberbands, barrets or even rollers.
    @infiniti if you go to youtube and search for two strand twist you will get plenty of vids providing you with instruction. Tightly curly hair does not need to be secured because it will curl upon itself but for looser curls you can use ouchless rubberbands, barrets or even rollers.

Thanks, Derby!
    I'm going to try it, but I don't know what kind of result I'll get. My hair is at 3a at its culiest, and very thin. It looks gorgeous, can't wait to try it!
    Infinity
    Infinity
    www.pianolessonsnj.com
    3a fine i

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file