Argan oil that is CG?

CurlyLinZeeCurlyLinZee Posts: 462Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I'm curious about argan oil, but can't seem to find any products with it that don't have a ton of 'cones in them.

(My mama started using Moroccan oil and she's raving about it, but she's not CG and she uses sulphate shampoos.)

I'm thinking argan might make a great sealer--but I don't want any 'cones.

Has anyone found an argan oil product with no 'cones?
Hair type: 2c/3a ii, medium/coarse, desert hair
Cleansers: CJ Daily Fix
Conditioners: CJ Beauticurls Argan Oil, Tresemme
Leave-In Conditioners: CJ BCLI
Deep Conditioners: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Deep Fix, SS DDMT
Stylers:
KCCC
Holding Gels: CJ Curl Queen
Pomade: Jane Carter N&S
Hair Likes: agave nectar, oils of any kind

Comments

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Shea Terra Organics makes a pure argan oil - no cones, nothing but argan oil.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • CurlyLinZeeCurlyLinZee Posts: 462Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think I found some. Anyone using this? Watts Beauty Moroccan Gold. Supposed to be pure 100% argan oil and nothing else...

Amazon.com: Watts Moroccan Beauty Oil - 100% Pure Cold Pressed Argan Oil /EcoCert Certified for Professional Use: Health & Personal Care
    Stylers:
    KCCC

• JennyWhiskeyJennyWhiskey Posts: 37Registered Users
    I know that Argan Oil is AMAZING for the skin, wrinkles etc. It's actually one of the new and trendy ingredients in skin care right now.

It's in this Shea Moisture treatment masque I just got as well. I can't imagine it'd be harmful since I've heard so many great things about what it does for people's complexions.

I'm pretty sure you can get this pretty cheap (straight Argan Oil that is) from websites that sell cosmetic ingredients.
    3b, shoulder length.

Current Regimen: Co wash, Naked Naturals Aloe Awapuhi & Lavender Moisturizing Conditioner, Hamadi Healing Serum, L'oreal Everpure serum, DevaCurl AnGel, and Ganier Fructis Curl Shaping Spray.
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    DermOrganics Masque--Intensive Hair Repair with Argan Oil

Ingredients: Aqua/Eau/D.Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behenamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Stearyl Alcohol, Caprylic Capric Triglyceride, Argan Oil, Rice Amino Acid, infusion of Sunflower Seed Extract & Grape Seed Extract & Sodium PCA & Panthenol & Tocopheral Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycereth-2 Cocoate/Benzoic Acid (natural preservative), Fragrance.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bunniee23bunniee23 Posts: 228Registered Users
    Pure argan oil is great! I use a few drops with my leave-in or styling product for hair, and also mix it with my facial moisturizer. I order mine from Henna Sooq. It is expensive but you only need a tiny amount.
    Type 2b. Wash: WEN pomegranate or fig. Leave-in conditioner: Alaffia beautiful curls for wavy hair, Spiral Solutions Protein spray. Style: Curls In A Bottle, Ecostyler, or KCCC.
    Thanks, all! I definitely just want to buy pure Argan oil. I have enough other products. I just want it to add a couple drops for sealing. I'm sure I'll use it on my skin too...so it will be a worthy investment. :toothy10:
    Stylers:
    KCCC

• plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    I think the Nourishing oil from SS has it in there too.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• curlsAboundcurlsAbound Posts: 246Registered Users Curl Novice
    How about this from Live Clean?
    2b/3a in Vancouver, Canada
    loving my own homemade Satsuma scented agave spiked FSG
    faithful to Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Moisturizing Gelly
    also the combo of Satsuma scented AOMM and Biolage Gelée
    Desert Essences Coconut shampoo and conditioner

Discount code:
    For $$$$ off at iherb.com, use this linked code: DEY827

• NinjaretteNinjarette Posts: 3,982Registered Users
    Sheabutter Cottage. She's in the UK, but shipping isn't so bad, and it's PURE 100% Argan oil.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
    plunkybug wrote: »
    I think the Nourishing oil from SS has it in there too.

Hmmn...is that product CG? I'll have to check it out.
    Stylers:
    KCCC

• crwrittcrwritt Posts: 705Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm all for argan oil, if I can find it in a product not loaded with cones. I just tried a drop or two of Soelle argan oil
    http://soellebeauty.com/cart/ mixed with my leave in conditioner. I got it as a rather generous sample at Whole Foods. I wonder if you all were aware of the way it is harvested? Not for the squeamish.
    How to Make Argan Oil (from Morocco Tree Goat Droppings) | eHow.com
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    i just ordered 100% argan oil from hennasooq yesterday.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • agirlcanmackagirlcanmack Posts: 85Registered Users
    I was in Morocco this summer and i stocked up on Argan oil at the souk (market). It was dirt cheap compared to prices here in Europe. It doesn't smell nice at all but the smell doesn't linger so i don't mind so much. I just apply 3 squirts in the palm of my hands and seal with it. That and JBCO are my fav oils by far!
    Haven't used it on my face yet, only on my hair but i really love it. I just wished it smelled better....

A girl at the hammam washed my hair with an argan oil based shampoo and then applied a rhassoul clay mask (when she started touching my hair i was like "noo no noooooooo honey, don't touch my hair!", but then that was part of the package) and although the shampoo had sulfates and dried my hair a bit, the rhassoul was great and really moisturized my hair. Got some clay but that drying shampoo isn't touching my precious hair anymore!

Aaaanywho, i digress... I wouldn't buy any argan oil based products, your best option is to use the oil pure.

Can't really tell you where you could buy it but i can tell you it's GREAT stuff and your hair should love it. It's really light and penetrates the hair straight away.
    Last Relaxer: 2000
    Shampoo: Curls Cleansing Cream, CJ Curl Assurance & Daily Fix
    Conditioner & DC: Curls Coconut Sublime & Curl Ecstasy, DB Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, Crown Pride Tucuma Curl Moisture Mask
    Leave-In: Curl Ectasy
    Moisturizer: Darcy's Shea Butter Moisturizing Cream, Oyin Whipped Pudding & Hair Dew
    Oil: JBCO, Argan oil
    Gel: Oyin Shine & Define
    Hair Type: 3C / 4A / high porosity / fine

Pray for Japan / 頑張れ日本!
  • twirlygrannytwirlygranny Posts: 1,114Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    AAA Shea Butter Co has 100% Pure argan oil and they have a shea butter/argan oil mix that is call Anti-aging butter I just love for my face & hair.
  • CurlyCowgirlyCurlyCowgirly Posts: 299Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've seen a few argan products at Sally's. I cant be certain, but i thought i saw pure argan oil.
    Low/Med porosity, very fine, low/med elasticity & density, 3A
    AKA hard to work with hair!

Low-Poo: Kenra Volumizing shampoo, AG Fast Food shampoo
    CO: AG Ultramoist, AO GPB, Nature's Gate Aloe Vera
    Gel: GFCC mousse, HETT, Aquage Megagel
    Also: Aloe Vera juice or Alba Leave-in. Weekly ACV rinse.
    Wishlist: YTC low-poo, Elucence poo, Bioterra Curl Creme, AGEbeautiful Strengthening trtment, SS Repairing Protein Trtment, LuxyHair ext's
  • curlynowcurlynow Posts: 51Registered Users
    What about this?

Proclaim - Proclaim Natural 7 Argan Oil

Ingredients

HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL ,RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL ,PHENOXYETHANOL ,ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN ,FRAGRANCE ,C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE ,VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED OIL ,SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL ,OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL ,ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL ,RED 17
    2c-3a~ Medium w/fine characteristics, low porosity, normal elasticity
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    I get my pure, 100% organic Argan oil from Hedy's Haven on Ebay. It's pretty cheap.
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file