Recent pics of my not-so-little-anymore girl

RheannaRheanna Posts: 2,614Registered Users
Somehow Ava's almost 13 months old. She's 31 inches long and 23 1/2 pounds and has taken her first steps only to decide she prefers crawling right now. She's much more interested in talking than she is in walking as well. :shock: I thought I'd share some recent pictures.

bday.jpg
On her birthday. Don't let her fool you; she's not posing, she's trying to take her sock off. ;)

cake.jpg
Num num as she says.

DECEMBER071.jpg
How are my antlers, Mom? Are they on straight?

DECEMBER022.jpg
Sit still?! What?!

DECEMBER038.jpg
Ava & I before we went to visit her great-great Aunt
DPTFm5.png

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Look at those eyes! She's a beauty. You both are.

Thanks for sharing.
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    I love that last pic. You two are beautiful!!
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    omg...adorable!
    you look great, too

:happy8:
    Thanks for sharing!
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• JayneeJaynee Posts: 2,039Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    So, so cute!! How can it be that she is over a year old already?!

• SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    Awww, thanks for sharing! Those are great pics!
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    So good to see you two looking so happy! We feel soo much a part of your lives. I remember you talking about your pregnancy and now to see your beautiful daughter's face...wonderful!
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Great pics ---- she looks just like you (with blue eyes).

Glad all is well.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Love the last pic especially.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    How can she be 1 already? Beautiful pics, Rheanna! :) She's adorable.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • RheannaRheanna Posts: 2,614Registered Users
    Thank you all! <3

I can't believe she's over a year old either. And I see little to no resemblance between us, but that's my favorite compliment ever, haha! You're all too kind. :)
    DPTFm5.png
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    ninja dog wrote: »
    Great pics ---- she looks just like you (with blue eyes).

that's exactly what i was thinking!
    Hey, girl, if you don't mind me asking...how are things going w/ you & Ava's dad?
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq

• nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    Rheanna wrote: »
    Thank you all! <3

I can't believe she's over a year old either. And I see little to no resemblance between us, but that's my favorite compliment ever, haha! You're all too kind. :)
    Oh, goodness, you look a lot alike! You have such similar face shapes! :) You just have different eyes and hair color, but I think the rest of her little face is the spitting image of you.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    . And I see little to no resemblance between us

Oh, you look a lot alike. The whole lower half of your faces is very similar. Maybe the eyes too...but the color throws you because she's so stunningly opposite to you in eye coloring. Parents often can't see this though...I know I don't usually see myself in my own kids, but I'm told I'm there.

She's a doll.
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    . And I see little to no resemblance between us

Oh, you look a lot alike. The whole lower half of your faces is very similar. Maybe the eyes too...but the color throws you because she's so stunningly opposite to you in eye coloring. Parents often can't see this though...I know I don't usually see myself in my own kids, but I'm told I'm there.

She's a doll.

Yep, she looks like you.

My husband says that he doesn't see himself in Lilly, but she looks exactly like him. She is a good combination of both of us, but I see so many similarities in them.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
    I guess I can see it a bit. It does seem to be true that most parents don't see themselves in their children, and the eye color and hair color probably plays a part there for sure. My Mom loves to joke that she has 3 brown eyed kids and 3 blue eyed grandkids. Genetics are fascinating.

Either way, thanks :) I'd love to think I look anything at all like her. She's definitely just like me as far as her personality goes - she's a very high strung little thing. And I can't get too mad cause I sure know where she gets it! Haha. :toothy7:
    DPTFm5.png
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I think she looks very much like your adorable brother. Not that I don't think YOU are adorable (you so are!), but you know I have a thing for your brother. : )
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    I think she looks very much like your adorable brother. Not that I don't think YOU are adorable (you so are!), but you know I have a thing for your brother. : )

LOL!

He's single now, ya know... just sayin'

He's a pretty good catch... and probably right up your alley. He's in a band, has tattoos and piercings, is not really a "traditional" person in any sense of the word, and is a total sweetheart.

Downsides (potentially) is that he is short (shorter than me, about 5'4-5'5 and he's only 38. But those things may be fine for you. ;)

ETA: While he IS in a band, that's not his career. He does that on the weekends for fun and extra money, but he works a "real" job during the week. :P
    DPTFm5.png

LOL!

He's single now, ya know... just sayin'

He's a pretty good catch... and probably right up your alley. He's in a band, has tattoos and piercings, is not really a "traditional" person in any sense of the word, and is a total sweetheart.

Downsides (potentially) is that he is short (shorter than me, about 5'4-5'5 and he's only 38. But those things may be fine for you. ;)

ETA: While he IS in a band, that's not his career. He does that on the weekends for fun and extra money, but he works a "real" job during the week. :P

He's my perfect man!! I love short (my 2nd hubs was short, Mr. Harley is short) unconventional (well I'm certainly in that boat) drummers (I've dated lots of drummers for some reason) with long hair (love) and tattoos (love). I'm not even kidding. It's a good thing he's so far away. I might have to stalk him. : )
    Unfortunately the 38 probably makes me a less than perfect woman. Darn. : )

Well, anyway, what were we talking about? Oh yea, that adorable kid of yours. : )
    :laughing4:
    I had forgotten about that!
    0004.gif

• medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Both are you are gorgeous!
    Thanks medussa! <3 You're too sweet!
    DPTFm5.png
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    She's absolutely beautiful, Rheanna! So are you, btw. Absolutely love the last pic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file