What would you call this color?

sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
I want to put a lot of fine highlights into my hair that are similar to some sparse natural ones that I have. The shade of the lighter color in Kiera Knightley's hair is pretty close.

My take on it: It wouldn't be called caramel, it's not quite as reddish hued as copper...there's a gold tone going on, but it wouldn't be called gold either.

wlb-keira-knightley.jpg
“It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity

Comments

• ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hmmm......it is sort of golden, compared to the rest of her hair. I would take the pics with you if you're going to the salon.

Otherwise.........very dark warm blonde-ish?
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    Thanks for the input :) Yeah I think it could be described like that, with a really slight hint of red (at least what I'm going for, Knightley's hair there 95% nails it). I'd like to do the highlights myself to save money.

Reminds me, I also need to know what brands are good for doing a lot of fine highlights.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

I was afraid you were planning that. Unless you're one of those good-at-this- kind-of-thing people, I think it will be hard to get right. You'll have to guess at the color's effect on your current color, which can be hard to do. I know I'd get it wrong.

Good luck, though!
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    ninja dog wrote: »
    I was afraid you were planning that. Unless you're one of those good-at-this- kind-of-thing people, I think it will be hard to get right. You'll have to guess at the color's effect on your current color, which can be hard to do. I know I'd get it wrong.

Good luck, though!

Heh, it would surprise me if I turned out to be. That's good caution to keep in mind. I'll at least check out the pricing of getting it done before going forward.

Thanks!

Let us know what happens.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file