Help!!! Whats the hair definition of theses curls?

carrice3carrice3 Posts: 10Registered Users
Hello curlys,:laughing6:

Can you please tell if these are 3c 4a curls or not. I'm just curious, the person in the video said they are 3b 3c curls. I can' believe it because how kinky it is in the beginning.:profileleft:

YouTube - Mineral Indulgence 3B/3C Natural Curls Product Tutorial

Comments

• subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    there is nothing 3b about those curls. freshly styled it looks 3c. but then the day 4 hair looks 3c/4a-ish to me.
  • itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Posts: 1,084Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My FOOT. That's 3c MAYBE. I'm thinking more 4a.
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
  • puppitypuppuppitypup Posts: 115Registered Users
    I'm leaning more towards 4a then anything.
    3C, fine/med texture, normal porosity, high elasticity, very defined spiral

Holy Grail Products: TRESemme Naturals conditioner, my mango/shea butter mixture, Apricot Kernel Oil, Coconut Oil, EVOO & Cantu Shea Butter

Check out my blog: http://ricciolina.wordpress.com
  • ajnaajna Posts: 494Registered Users
    I would call that 4a/4b hair personally.
    Mostly because when her hair is wet I do not see the corkscrew shape that I associate with 3b or 3c hair.
    Hair Type: 3c/4a/4b, fine, normal porosity

http://public.fotki.com/Ajnamhuja/
    3b and 3c hair does not have to be corkscrew shape. many 3c's actually have S shaped curls (myself included).
  • ajnaajna Posts: 494Registered Users
    subbrock wrote: »
    3b and 3c hair does not have to be corkscrew shape. many 3c's actually have S shaped curls (myself included).

Really? I had no idea I though s shaped were in the 4a family and z shape was the 4b... I must admit I've never really been that great at hair classification. Now that I am thinking about it isn't a corkscrew really an s shape? In my mind I see a wine bottle opener and to me that is a a corkscrew but really that is the shape of an S right?

Confused...
    Hair Type: 3c/4a/4b, fine, normal porosity

http://public.fotki.com/Ajnamhuja/
    The hair typing system really only addresses curl size. 3b's regardless of the shape tend to be curls the size of a marker, 3c the size of a pencil, 4a is coffee stirrer size and 4 is like pen spring size.

When my curls were shorter they were corkscrews (like an actual corkscrew wine tool) but now they're S shaped, like a pack of top ramen noodles LOL. But either way they're about the size/width of a pencil.
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think it's either 4a or 3c/4a. I can't really tell because I can't judge when it's wet and the dry day 4 pic isn't very good.

And a coil and a corkscrew curl are the same thing...4a hair just has tighter looking corkscrews than 3b/c hair.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • twirlygrannytwirlygranny Posts: 1,114Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Didn't see any 3B in there.
  • coracora Posts: 456Registered Users
    I'm kind of in love with it at the beginning when it looks like a lumpy cotton ball--it just looks really soft and kinda silky in an odd way.
  • NayaNaya Posts: 922Registered Users
    You know.. I've been natural almost 3 years now.. I can make my hair a "perfect" mass of curls, an afro, straight or wavy.
    BUT
    I have NO IDEA about hair typing. Not this number system or the LOIS system. :thumbdown: My hair is 5D b/c I need five fingers to style it and i'm a hair-typing dummy. lol!!
    BC: May 2008
    Hair Type:
    3C/4A mix I think
    http://members.fotki.com/RizadaMinicana
    Not Updated D:

Vegan-ish

s-event.png
  • poepoe Posts: 112Registered Users
    Naya wrote: »
    You know.. I've been natural almost 3 years now.. I can make my hair a "perfect" mass of curls, an afro, straight or wavy.
    BUT
    I have NO IDEA about hair typing. Not this number system or the LOIS system. :thumbdown: My hair is 5D b/c I need five fingers to style it and i'm a hair-typing dummy. lol!!

Don't think it matters much. I have so many different sizes of curls that I find hair typing irrelevant anyways. I guess mine is 5D also. :)
  • Storm_N _MomStorm_N _Mom Posts: 259Registered Users
    The curly featured in the video could be my hair twin and I consider my curl pattern a majority 4A with 3C nearing the nape & temples.
    Storm BC'd 12/30/09 (my gorgeous dd), low porosity, thick density, medium-coarse texture?, elasticity ?
    Mom BC'd 5/31/10, fine texture, low porosity, normal density, low elasticity
    Last relaxer, July 2008
    Hair Type: HUMAN
    Our HGs: Hair steamer, KCCC, AOHSR, generic conditioning balm conditioner
    other products:FSG, KT, EO condish, KBBHN, EWNOC, DMBC, DMDCC, NG, EVOO, Almond Oil, Maha Bhringol oil, Henna & Ayurvedic powders

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file