Is at a lost and doesnt know what to do with her 4b hair !! helppp

daracakess101daracakess101 Posts: 68Registered Users
i dont like it, its so difficult for me to achieve the style i want ( when i do twist outs and such, its either dry on one side and have more shine on the other or it just really doesnt turn out the way i plan and end up just doing an updo, and when i try to straighten it with a flat iron it gets straight but has no body, and when i go out side it frizzes sooo much , pretty much back to so sort of loosely coiled fro thing)and take alot of time the night before, to much time in the mornings to make it to my liking (i barely ever reach that ) and , and i get soooo much more attention from males when i have a weave in , the difference is DRASTIC. i walk out with a long weave in , male attention from every angle(exageration) , when i walk in with my natural hair in a updo or out, not a single glance..

i dont know what to do anymore, and getting a perm is out of the question , because it always leads to some type of breakage for me . i hate to admit it , but straight hair we be so much easier for me....
i need so advice, someone pleasee helpp !!

picss : http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu79/cupcakess_2009for_boys/1293222326.jpg

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu79/cupcakess_2009for_boys/1293221758.jpg

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu79/cupcakess_2009for_boys/l038.jpg

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu79/cupcakess_2009for_boys/l006.jpg

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu79/cupcakess_2009for_boys/l011.jpg

Comments

• CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users Curl Novice
    Wow! I like your hair and the way youre smiling it looks pretty darn good to me

What products are you using , whats your routine like?
  • daracakess101daracakess101 Posts: 68Registered Users
    Wow! I like your hair and the way youre smiling it looks pretty darn good to me

What products are you using , whats your routine like?

well, every 5 days i wash and condition with herbal essences hydralicious shampoo and condition, leave the conditioner in for 10 minutes then wash out.

i detangle in sections with cantu shea butter leave in, then i flat twist hair in sections with palmer coconut hair milk and eco styler gel . when im done with my whole head i seal my ends with olive oil, then take down with ic fantasia frizz ease the next day .
  • FronomenalFronomenal Posts: 712Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    From your regimen, it sounds like you know how to take care of your hair. It seems like you don't like the styles you come up with. What exactly are you trying to achieve (more defined twist outs, more diverse styling options, etc)? Try searching YouTube and try different styles out (braid out, bantu knot out, finger coils, 'fro with a braid or a flat twist, puff with a flat twist, etc). Practice and then you'll get better at styling.

With regard to male attention, you know why you get more attention with a weave. The question is, do you want men to be attracted to you because of a weave? If so, that's a problem if you want to embrace your natural texture. Focus on the important things--school, family, friends, hobbies, etc--then the boys will come later.

P.S. You and your hair are super cute! :)

• CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users Curl Novice
    alla what she said ^^^
  • adst2nvadst2nv Posts: 215Registered Users
    Fronomenal wrote: »
    From your regimen, it sounds like you know how to take care of your hair. It seems like you don't like the styles you come up with. What exactly are you trying to achieve (more defined twist outs, more diverse styling options, etc)? Try searching YouTube and try different styles out (braid out, bantu knot out, finger coils, 'fro with a braid or a flat twist, puff with a flat twist, etc). Practice and then you'll get better at styling.

With regard to male attention, you know why you get more attention with a weave. The question is, do you want men to be attracted to you because of a weave? If so, that's a problem if you want to embrace your natural texture. Focus on the important things--school, family, friends, hobbies, etc--then the boys will come later.

I totally agree with all the ladies who have posted here, especially Fronomenal. You and your hair are beautiful. You will get better at styling your hair since it seems like you have a solid routine. Play around with youtube, try different products that won't break the bank, but mostly, enjoy your youth and your natural beauty. These same boys who go bananas over the weave, will grow up to be men who, 9 times outta 10, will appreciate your God given beauty and all the brains that come with it!
    4b mostly, with some 4a

BC'ed: Sept. 2009
    Loving my hair as God intended it to be!! :love7:
  • maybejadeymaybejadey Posts: 198Registered Users
    You and your hair are super cute! And don't mind those boys. Truly, if accepting your natural beauty and natural hair is important to you, you don't want a guy who prefers someone else's hair on his woman's head. They're saving you the trouble of turning them down.

As far as styling, it sounds like you just need to experiment and practice. For twist-outs, how small are you doing them? If they're not coming out right, have you tried doing them smaller first and not fluffing? It'll take longer, but it always results in a sure-fire defined twist-out for me. I'm still practicing doing my twists neat enough (with my super duper coily hair) so that I can do larger twists and separate them without too much frizz.

But the thing that has most helped my styling is keeping my hair stretched. When I let my hair shrink, it takes me about 2 sets of twist-outs for my hair to be "untangled" enough to really style easily.

Oh, and flat twists do NOT work and will likely NEVER work for my hair. Way too dense. I just got over it. =)
    Hair Type: A collection of incredibly dense, gravity-defying very defined coffee-stirrer diameter coils. I am currently exclusively wearing wash-and gos.

Products
    :Curl Junkie Daily Fix Cleansing Conditioner (low-poo), Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner, Grapeseed Oil, KCCC or Ecostyler Gel (stylers)

adst2nv wrote: »
    Fronomenal wrote: »

I totally agree with all the ladies who have posted here, especially Fronomenal. You and your hair are beautiful. You will get better at styling your hair since it seems like you have a solid routine. Play around with youtube, try different products that won't break the bank, but mostly, enjoy your youth and your natural beauty. These same boys who go bananas over the weave, will grow up to be men who, 9 times outta 10, will appreciate your God given beauty and all the brains that come with it!

awww thank you sooooo much , and your completely right ! i need to be more confident and comfortable with myself, be who God wants me to be, and everything else will fall into place. again, thank youuu !
    maybejadey wrote: »
    You and your hair are super cute! And don't mind those boys. Truly, if accepting your natural beauty and natural hair is important to you, you don't want a guy who prefers someone else's hair on his woman's head. They're saving you the trouble of turning them down.

As far as styling, it sounds like you just need to experiment and practice. For twist-outs, how small are you doing them? If they're not coming out right, have you tried doing them smaller first and not fluffing? It'll take longer, but it always results in a sure-fire defined twist-out for me. I'm still practicing doing my twists neat enough (with my super duper coily hair) so that I can do larger twists and separate them without too much frizz.

But the thing that has most helped my styling is keeping my hair stretched. When I let my hair shrink, it takes me about 2 sets of twist-outs for my hair to be "untangled" enough to really style easily.

Oh, and flat twists do NOT work and will likely NEVER work for my hair. Way too dense. I just got over it. =)

thank you soo much for the advice, and ill have to try large twists sometime and search around youtube. and your also extremely right ! i want a guy who accepts me for me , not the fake version . thank you again!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file