Where have you been all my life?

strssmnkystrssmnky Posts: 51Registered Users
Hi! I was searching online last week for the last remnants of my favorite conditioner that is no longer made but found this site instead. I spent only a day reading everything I could on CG and decided to try it. Well, today is day 8 and I am so glad I did it! This is the way to go.

You see, I knew I wasn't supposed to be washing my hair (everyday anyway) but wasn't sure the right way to go about it. Didn't know I should still wash without shampoo anyway (cause I get bedhead and bedhead isn't for me) because I couldn't go more than a day without washing and then using the flat iron to fix the bedhead just made my hair worse. Vicious cycle vicious cycle vicious cycle.

I have (what feels like) very thick 3b hair. I have a brillo pad on my head down to my shoulders and a couple inches below. A big brillo pad. I was actually starting to feel pretty good about my hair this week, had a lady at work ask to feel my curls the other day (that's a first) and she asked why I always straighten it. I just replied that it was easier. But today I have so much frizz mixed in but we have had 2 days of rain and I have some CG approved gel but I have never been able to wear gel or mousse in my hair because...well because of my hair. I was afraid of going to work with crunchy hair and went with frizz instead. I'm off tomorrow and will experiment then.

In the meantime, I will look for before pictures to post and start taking after pictures. I can't wait for the beautiful hair that I know I have to shine through like everyone elses. I have seen a few pictures I could have sworn were of my hair though.

My hair is already feeling softer. I love that!
3a/3b, iii, medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
CG since 1/1/2011

Co-wash - Suave Naturals
RO/LI- GVP Conditioning Balm, AOHR, KCKT, TIGI Catwalk Oatmeal and Honey Conditioner, Nature's Gate Tea Tree Conditioner
DT - Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix Moisturizing Conditioner, AOHR, KCKT
Styling -CJCCCC, HETT, Biotera Styling Gel, AVG, Boots Curl Cream, Eco Styler

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Welcome! We're glad to have you!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • redhedgrlTredhedgrlT Posts: 178Registered Users
    This sight has been a huge help for many people and I am glad you have found it :)

You mentioned not using gel because of the crunch. Well after your hair has COMPLETELY dried you can just gently scruch all that nasty crunch out and viola beautiful soft curls.

Keep experimenting every day is an adventure for us curlies and much luck to you in your endeavours.
    Texture: Medium
    Porosity: Normal
    Elasticity: Normal

I guess i am just average go figure.
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    Good luck on your natural hair journey! Sounds like you're off to a great start. Be sure to post pics here on this thread for us to see, also! ;)
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file