Oyin's Hair Dew vs. Kimmaytube's Leave in Recipe

adst2nvadst2nv Posts: 215Registered Users
Hey everyone! Was curious to see if anyone had tried both of these products? If so, which do you like better? And how do you use them ?
4b mostly, with some 4a

BC'ed: Sept. 2009
Loving my hair as God intended it to be!! :love7:

Comments

• CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users Curl Novice
    Well off the strength of buying one product

Oyins wins.

off the strength of working better

Oyins wins.

But then again it depends on what you are using it for, simply as a leave in or a refresher?

Knot today only works as a detangler for me, moisture it does not a thing, adding the aloe vera and castor along with jojoba only made it a better detangler for myself

Oyins Dew so far is great as refreshing my hair and a leave in . I like the price as well.
  • adst2nvadst2nv Posts: 215Registered Users
    I'm going to have to revisit the Hair Dew. I purchased it around Black Friday as a refresher, but I didn't think it did too much in that department. Maybe I didn't give it a fair chance. Really didn't want to use it as a leave in because some products from Oyin make my scalp itch due to the fragrances. I ended up selling it on th swap board. After reading your comment earlier, decided to reorder it and try it as a leave in.

I just started using the Kimmaytube recipe, so the verdict is still out with that. I love most of Oyin's goodies, so I'm looking forward to retrying the Dew. Hope my scalp likes it, lol!
    4b mostly, with some 4a

• ShellyeShellye Posts: 74Registered Users
    I really wanted to try the Honey Dew, but I was dissappointed to hear that it smells like pancakes and cookies. I loved Burnt Sugar Pomade, but I stopped using it because that sugary-sweet smell got too overwhelming. I was actually hoping for a fresh honey dew scent with the Honey Dew - wrong.

I would love it if Oyin did what they do with the Juices and gave some fragrances options with their other products.

What did you all think of the scent of Honey Dew?
    Black African Hair
    There's only one like it in the world!

Preshampoo - Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm
    Shampoo - KC Come Clean
    Condition - Joico Moisture Recovery
    Leave In - KCKT, Kiehl's Formula 133
    Seal - Jojoba Oil
    Moisturize - Rosewater
  • adst2nvadst2nv Posts: 215Registered Users
    Shellye wrote: »
    I really wanted to try the Honey Dew, but I was dissappointed to hear that it smells like pancakes and cookies. I loved Burnt Sugar Pomade, but I stopped using it because that sugary-sweet smell got too overwhelming. I was actually hoping for a fresh honey dew scent with the Honey Dew - wrong.

I would love it if Oyin did what they do with the Juices and gave some fragrances options with their other products.

What did you all think of the scent of Honey Dew?

The Hair Dew actually smells like gingersnap or sugar cookies. Its not as overpowering as the burnt sugar at all, maybe because it is in a liquid instead of a solid.

When I first tried the burnt sugar pomade, I didn't like the smell either. In fact, it gave me a headache. But I didn't give up on it. I use their Shine and Define over the burnt sugar, and now it isn't as strong. I actually love it.

I have been using the Hair Dew for about a week now, and totally, 100% agree with Shawnyblazes in that I perfer the Hair Dew over the Kimmaytube leave in recipe. The Hair Dew is more versatile, in that you can use it as a leave in and a moisturizer throughout the week. The Kimmaytube leave in, to me, isn't as moisturizing over the course of the week as the Hair Dew. The Knot Today recipe gives amazing slip, but it actually dries my hair out a little.

I know you probably don't want to waste money, but I really think you should try it. Its not as strong as the burnt sugar, but it does smell like sugar cookies. I did notice that it does not linger on the hair after applying it either. If you do buy it and don't like it, you can always sell it here on the swapboard or either swap it for another product.
    4b mostly, with some 4a

• ShellyeShellye Posts: 74Registered Users
    Thanks for the feedback on the Hair Dew (and apologies for the earlier misnomers)! Hopefully, they'll make a sample size soon and I can give it a try.
    Black African Hair
    There's only one like it in the world!

Preshampoo - Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm
    Shampoo - KC Come Clean
    Condition - Joico Moisture Recovery
    Leave In - KCKT, Kiehl's Formula 133
    Seal - Jojoba Oil
    Moisturize - Rosewater

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights