Bristol Palin buys a House. Near Phoenix, AZ

curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
At least she will be safe from Mexicans, I guess. Apparently the house was paid for in cash. Must be nice! Most 20 year olds without a college education with a young child definitely don't buy houses. In cash. But she did get a steal of a deal. The comments on this site have me rolling:

Bristol Palin Buys House In Maricopa, Arizona For $172,000 Cash

I love how CBS has it under entertainment: Bristol Palin Buys Home in Arizona for $172,000 - CBS News

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Where are our AZ curlies? :tongue5:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    I don't know, $172K doesn't sound like a whole lot.

Between what she made on dancing with the stars, the public speaking and being on her Moms new show, I don't see it as being crazy that she could afford that :dontknow:
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    I would have loved to buy a five bedroom house in cash when I was 20. But, silly me, I was a poor college student at age 20 who barely made enough to afford carfare. The only reason Bristol was able to buy that house is because of who her mother is. Most other young ladies in her situation would be working minimum wage jobs or be on welfare.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Can she see Russia from her back door?
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Now everybody be nice..

..you know she googles herself, and if anyone says anything wrong wolfmother is gonna bite you.

Hopefully, she melts in the desert heat.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
    I think she's close to my crazy ass cuz.....fun! :tongue10:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq

• CocoaCoilyCocoaCoily Posts: 2,648Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I wonder if she can see Mexico from her house.
  • justajesuschickjustajesuschick Posts: 1,657Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    LadyV69 wrote: »
    I would have loved to buy a five bedroom house in cash when I was 20. But, silly me, I was a poor college student at age 20 who barely made enough to afford carfare. The only reason Bristol was able to buy that house is because of who her mother is. Most other young ladies in her situation would be working minimum wage jobs or be on welfare.

wow. Suppose then that I should have been as well. I did not choose welfare or that life for my son and me. Might have been an easier choice, I suppose. I was 19. I finished college and got a job. Got a house at 25. Same circumstances as many others that I knew at the time. I made a different choice. I decided that life was not going to be just what happened to me. It is all about choices.
    I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
    2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity
    CG since 7/1/2010

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
    Condition: DevaCurl OC
    LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
    Curl Enhancer: CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
    Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
    Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler, CJRM
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I actually don't have a problem with it. Kids often benefit from their rich parents (or newly rich parent?). Either way, more power to her.
    I was a struggling college kid at age 20, but I'm grateful I got to go to college...that's already ahead of the game there.
    I'm not a Palin fan, but hey if you can afford it, why not?
    I wish the best for Bristol and her child...I know at 20 I was still very much a kid...so I kind of see her that way.

What I don't understand is...why Arizona? I thought all the Repubs/Tea Partiers were having a fit about how Arizona is being taking over by the illegals and that it is unsafe to live there.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

Of course, so what's the big deal? She's not most other people.
    BekkaPoo wrote: »
    Now everybody be nice..

..you know she googles herself, and if anyone says anything wrong wolfmother is gonna bite you.

Hopefully, she melts in the desert heat.

I was thinking maybe she'd catch fire.
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users

wow. Suppose then that I should have been as well. I did not choose welfare or that life for my son and me. Might have been an easier choice, I suppose. I was 19. I finished college and got a job. Got a house at 25. Same circumstances as many others that I knew at the time. I made a different choice. I decided that life was not going to be just what happened to me. It is all about choices.

You've made something of yourself, in spite of your hardships. In re-reading my previous comment, it probably sounds snarky. I only meant it to be snarky in regards to Bristol, not to all 20 year old young women, a lot of whom have more ambition than she. Bristol can choose to further her education too, but she chooses to milk her mother's fame. Chances are, in 5 or 10 years when that family is no longer in the spotlight, Bristol will be in for a rude awakening.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
  • justajesuschickjustajesuschick Posts: 1,657Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oh, I did not take your comment as an offense. I certainly did not mean to sound hateful and hope you did not receive my comments as such!

I do not know much of anything about her, except who she is. I am always frustrated at young women who I have mentored and such who tell me what their fate is-welfare, no future, etc. Only if you choose that, I remind them.

Yes, I accepted free baby formula for him and I have a good family who helped me just enough. Not enough for me to get accustomed, just enough so that even though I ate ramen noodles for a couple of weeks each month, I did not give up!
    I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
    2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity
    CG since 7/1/2010

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
    Condition: DevaCurl OC
    LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
    Curl Enhancer: CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
    Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
    Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler, CJRM
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    Maybe John McCain hooked her up. I think a single mom having a 5 bedroom house is excessive. But I guess if she has the money to do it then, whatever.

The price on that house is making me want to move to AZ even more. My house is worth a little less than that amount and is only 1200 sq feet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

jjc...kudos to you! :blob7:
    0004.gif

• AllyTAllyT Posts: 613Registered Users
    It gets on my nerves when people loaf off relatives, especially children loafing off parents. Bristol made a huge deal about buying her own condo from money made in her 8-5 receptionist job. Whatever happened to that? My grandparents are wealthy for this area after aquiring tons of farmland all over the county and selling it. My dad, unlike most of his brothers and sisters, takes care of himself and taught my brother and I to do the same. I hope she at least gets some sort of job.

Money, stardom is easy come, easy go, especially nowadays. I'm really disappointed in her, not that I was ever expecting much...
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    CocoaCoily wrote: »
    I wonder if she can see Mexico from her house.

Damn it! You beat me to it! :toothy10:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • AllyTAllyT Posts: 613Registered Users
    curlyarca wrote: »
    At least she will be safe from Mexicans, I guess. Apparently the house was paid for in cash. Must be nice! Most 20 year olds without a college education with a young child definitely don't buy houses. In cash. But she did get a steal of a deal. The comments on this site have me rolling:

Bristol Palin Buys House In Maricopa, Arizona For $172,000 Cash

I love how CBS has it under entertainment: Bristol Palin Buys Home in Arizona for $172,000 - CBS News

Don't know about Mexicans, but Mexican-Americans are everywhere. I don't care if her house is on top of the Sears Tower, can't run. Just because Phoenix and surroundings have the rep of being rich-and-white land doesn't mean it is "Mexican-free." That is not directed to the OP but a general statement.
    Ok, my cuz is in Tucson...:rabbit:
    0004.gif

• PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    Seems like Sarah made her money shilling out her family, it's only fair that they all benefit from it.
    Minneapolis, MN
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Meh...it's a fairly middle-class house, in a verytight development. It's not like she bought a mansion on a hill that she won't be able to support once the reality show money dries up.

I think AZ is the perfect place to go to get away from the cold and her crazy mama grizzly.
    Meh...it's a fairly middle-class house, in a verytight development. It's not like she bought a mansion on a hill that she won't be able to support once the reality show money dries up.

I think AZ is the perfect place to go to get away from the cold and her crazy mama grizzly.

:laughing4:
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Just wanted to add, I have nothing against Mexicans or Mexican Americans....just being facetious.

I'm not accustomed to people 20 year olds buying homes. Much less 20 year olds buying homes in cash. One one hand I think great for her. On the other I'm like, ok...big pimpin! LOL I can't help but think of that other thread about the normal age to move out of a parent's home. Some people think a/c is a luxury, but a 5 bedroom house is not.... Go figure. LOL

I think the price of the home was a steal of a deal since the home was 300,000+ just a few years ago. Way to go US housing market.

The rumor is Sarah purchased it for Bristol.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • asugirlasugirl Posts: 938Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Where are our AZ curlies? :tongue5:

Just saw this thread. Not surprised that Bristol moved here. They spent time here when Sarah was prepping with McCain for their campaign. I was a bit bummed because I want less attention paid to us (here in AZ) for conservative crazies, not more! Then they start saying she will be going to my old school at ASU (Walter Cronkite School of Journalism) and that really made me kind of mad. It still has a good reputation, don't really need a Palin alumni :evil:. Glad that was just a rumor.:wink:

2c/3a - fine - medium porosity & density
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,765Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I had a house built in Maricopa and lived there for 4 years. Not the ideal location. It is out nowhere. She got a really good deal out there. Not sure that she will be happy living there. It's small and very congested. I would think that if she was looking for a Winter home she would have looked elsewhere, but I guess the price was right. I don't feel any ill wear towards her because she/and her family can afford to pay cash for a house. I'm sure most of us would have liked this and would have accepted it, if it was available to us.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
    Lotsawaves wrote: »
    I had a house built in Maricopa and lived there for 4 years. Not the ideal location. It is out nowhere. She got a really good deal out there. Not sure that she will be happy living there. It's small and very congested. I would think that if she was looking for a Winter home she would have looked elsewhere, but I guess the price was right. I don't feel any ill wear towards her because she/and her family can afford to pay cash for a house. I'm sure most of us would have liked this and would have accepted it, if it was available to us.

I don't know why she would choose that particular town either. It's not near any of the colleges and it's WAY far from the center of Phoenix.
    I heard she was going to go to ASU in Tempe. I doubt that she realizes the drive and the traffic. Where I lived, which was closest to the freeway, was 12 miles.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    There are six times more people in Phoenix than there are in the entire state of Alaska. I'm not surprised she chose to live in the middle of nowhere.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
    It's in the middle of nowhere, but very congested. The town was not set up right. The traffic is horrific. There were so many fatalities when I lived out there. The highway leading up to the freeway was so CRAZY. It was like a Nascar Race. The locals, before the town was built up, didn't understand the new light signals and didn't understand the new speed limits. There are a lot of California people who moved out there, because of the prices of homes. The mix was not good.
    From Michael Berg:

Lotsawaves wrote: »
    I heard she was going to go to ASU in Tempe. I doubt that she realizes the drive and the traffic. Where I lived, which was closest to the freeway, was 12 miles.

An ASU student living in Maricopa? Then it really makes no sense. I lived in Ahwatukee and worked at ASU, and it took me forever sometimes to get to work. Maricopa is 20 miles south of Ahwatukee. The traffic in the Valley is some of the worst I've ever seen, anywhere...and I'm from NJ, so I know traffic.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file