KimmayTube inspired butter method, thanks to AfroVeda-Gate

makeupvixenmakeupvixen Registered Users Posts: 507
I did it, I finally did it. I was making YT videos back to back like a crazy person and chatting with my subscribers, one girl has a degree in biochemistry and I learned a lot from her about hair and levels.

So since I still have some AfroVeda crap left over that i was mixing and playing around with before my next AfroVeda lower prices and adding cheap material YT rant, I decided to use them for a better good. I was going to show how if you add the proper amount of shea or mango butter then the oils wont separate, but Mala's cheap but wont do that, she it add cheapie gums and stuff to cut costs.

Anyway...

Loulou was telling me about KT and levels for cleaning hair and I that got me to thinking. I got tons of crap that I need to use up and stuff I don't like. I tested that AfroVedea curl and define and I tested the Hemp Seed and those suckers was hitting the 7 and 8 ph balance levels. I really wasn't shocked, this is Mala we are talking about. So what did I do? I got my mixer out and got to mixin. I melted raw shea butter, pure raw mango butter, soy butter, hemp seed oil, fenugeek, and whole leaf aloe vera juice all in a large glass bowl. Then I added 2 jars of curl define that i had previously added vatika oil and shea butter to, trying to salvage that crap from AfroVeda. Well i kept mixing and whipping until I got those levels down to a 4-4.5 ph balance level, just like KT mentioned in her leave in video.

I did the same for the hemp seed lock twist a roll (it came out thicker, like the OG AfroVeda stuff).

Now I have a butter to use, my hair is freaking loving it, the oils don't come out, I got eight 9oz jars (curl define mixture) and four 9oz jars (hemp seed lock twist mixture), and smells great. Now I just have to put it to the length retention test. Going to take me about a month but my hopes are high. I did a patch test and no irritations. I used it as a lotion yesterday and my legs are soft, well slippery.

What ya'll think? I might even try this with other products I don't have any use for and just sitting there staring back at me in my closet.

Comments

• korkscrewqtkorkscrewqt Registered Users Posts: 96
    Great job. I mix stuff, too. However, I do not test the Ph balance like I should. I need to buy some PH strips.
    2ywisjp.jpg
    I don't subscribe to 1-4 typing system.:afro:
    Healthy Hair = Good Hair
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Registered Users Posts: 6,446 Curl Neophyte
    Good job! A pH level of 7-8 is not bad, but that's cool you got it down to where you wanted it to be.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • makeupvixenmakeupvixen Registered Users Posts: 507
    ellepixie wrote: »
    Good job! A pH level of 7-8 is not bad, but that's cool you got it down to where you wanted it to be.
    See, I'm still not settled with the 7-8 level yet. From what I have been hearing that's the level that a shampoo should be at. So I've been testing my butters like crazy, I need to test QB soon, since it's the love of my life :)

I did test Darcy's and her stuff is at a 4.5ish.

I still would like more info on this level stuff, like does it really matter, like seriously matter? But I've just started looking up this stuff for about 2 weeks and I get mixed responses. So I figure it's time for me to put it to the test on my own hair. Right on time since I wear a scarf everyday everywhere.
  • makeupvixenmakeupvixen Registered Users Posts: 507
    Great job. I mix stuff, too. However, I do not test the Ph balance like I should. I need to buy some PH strips.

Yeah I got mind from KimmayTube's store. I need to get that drain stopper too.

I've still learning about this levels stuff in leave ins and butters. I guess it's gonna take me a few months to come up with a verdict. I may have to give some butter to my mom so we can both try it. She has cancer and her hair is dry and hard now so it's gonna be interesting to see if this level stuff helps her hair.
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Registered Users Posts: 6,446 Curl Neophyte
    ellepixie wrote: »
    See, I'm still not settled with the 7-8 level yet. From what I have been hearing that's the level that a shampoo should be at. So I've been testing my butters like crazy, I need to test QB soon, since it's the love of my life :)

I did test Darcy's and her stuff is at a 4.5ish.

I still would like more info on this level stuff, like does it really matter, like seriously matter? But I've just started looking up this stuff for about 2 weeks and I get mixed responses. So I figure it's time for me to put it to the test on my own hair. Right on time since I wear a scarf everyday everywhere.

I've read this in chem books too, but this NH article explains it really well. Usually, when people think of the hair cuticle, they think of it like a door that opens and closes, and this is not the case. Also, remember that a pH level of 7 is totally neutral - this is the pH of water, which we use on our hair all the time.

THE NATURAL HAVEN: Does hair really not react in the pH range 4-9?

THE NATURAL HAVEN: Investigation: Does pH affect your hair cuticle?
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file