We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

It's been a LONG time!

HeatherDawnHeatherDawn Posts: 300Registered Users
I used to frequent the boards a lot, but for the last year or so, I've been MIA. Here's what I've been up to...

12-10pt2.jpg

It is long which I love, but the curl is almost GONE. It used to look like this:

heather09.jpg

Anyway, while I love the length that is about all I love about my hair. The curl I do get is frizz by the next day. The only thing worse than frizzy hair is MORE frizzy hair. I've been thinking about a major cut for a while now, but I'm scared. This length was an investment of almost 5 years (after growing out some serious highlights).

My options are to do a major cut and donate the hair so I feel like I did it to help others OR take off 6-8 inches and add layers back at BSL and then cut again if I still think it's too long. I've love to hear what some of you would do! Thanks!
HeatherDawn
2C/3A

Comments

• CurlyPolkaDotCurlyPolkaDot Posts: 1,174Registered Users
    Cut 3-4 inches and add layers. That's what I would do. It would give you a boost of curl whilst saving lots of length!
    Also your hair is very pretty - It is only the top layer of hair that is very frizzy. Have you tried DT's and PT's?
    2c/3a - M/C - ii/iii
    Countess DuckyDot :duckie: , Keeper of the book of Vegetarianism and Arty Pants, Leader of the Curly Ducks in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Away and might not be back. See me at: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwalkintowhispers.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
  • RacerWife7RacerWife7 Posts: 895Registered Users Curl Novice
    Cut 3-4 inches and add layers. That's what I would do. It would give you a boost of curl whilst saving lots of length!
    Also your hair is very pretty - It is only the top layer of hair that is very frizzy. Have you tried DT's and PT's?

+1 on all of it!!! :)
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    Properties: Dense, Fine, Low Porosity, Low Elasticity
    My Picasa Album
    What I used in this photo:
    Cleansing: Suave Tropical Coconut Condish
    Conditioner: CJ Smoothing Condish
    Styling: CJCQ
    th_d963586e.jpg
  • HeatherDawnHeatherDawn Posts: 300Registered Users

Right now my routine is SLS free and cone free with once a week deep oil treatments (coconut oil or jojaba depending on how dry it is) with Aussie gels for hold. If I just want waves, it's the soft hold and air dry and if I want curl it's the firm hold with a diffuser.

Man, it must have been a while. What is a PT? Protein treatment? Thanks for your reply!
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
  • CurlyPolkaDotCurlyPolkaDot Posts: 1,174Registered Users
    Yep PT is Protein Treatment! How about clarifying? Do you have build-up? Do you need more products (Curl Creams, Leave-Ins...) for a creamier base?
    2c/3a - M/C - ii/iii
    Countess DuckyDot :duckie: , Keeper of the book of Vegetarianism and Arty Pants, Leader of the Curly Ducks in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Away and might not be back. See me at: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwalkintowhispers.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
    It's been about three weeks since I did a ACV rinse. I need to do another and see if it helps. Honestly I think it's the weight of my hair that is keeping it from curling. I had hair this length for most of my childhood and just thought I had frizzy hair until about 5 years ago. Never crossed my mind that that mess could be curls.... It was a chin length bob 5 years ago and in no time I had 3A bouncy curls. LOVE! I just miss the curl and wish I could have the best of both worlds - long and curly!
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
  • plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    Completely off topic, you and I have the same first and middle names, assuming your screen name is based on your real name.

PS Your hair is lovely too.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

Yes it is! I've always thought it was very poetic. Fun to know that someone had the same idea as my Mom! :thumbup:Thanks for the compliment as well.
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
  • plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    Yes it is! I've always thought it was very poetic. Fun to know that someone had the same idea as my Mom! :thumbup:Thanks for the compliment as well.

Were you also born at dawn like I was?

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file