Getting Frustrated with my 4b hair

PassionDancerPassionDancer Posts: 24Registered Users
So im tired of doing my hair. Ive been natural 2years. its a nice length but ive run out of styles and i just want to bc. I just dont know what to do with it anymore. I dont like braids. Twists are getting boring. The twist and braids are fine but my hair is extra extra dry and it just ends up looking fuzzy and old quickly and i dont like it. i want to keep my length but im feeling i should just cut it because i dont know if im taking care of it properly which means it will fall out anyway. So help ladies. what do you do with your hair?
Happy that Im Nappy:love3:
Big chopped June 08
Always looking for advice
Especially about styles
maintaining moisture
and softness.

Comments

• k.leek.lee Posts: 42Registered Users
    I know exactly how you feel. All i do now is mix shea butter, aloe vera gel, and jojoba oil, then twist my hair and pull it back. If you like your hair better short then i would cut it, but if not i would just pull it back for a while and look at youtube videos.
  • PassionDancerPassionDancer Posts: 24Registered Users
    Yea i stay on youtube but I was never good with hair so most youtube styles dont turn out right for me. What i really want is to wash my hair, deep condition it, put in a really heavy leave in conditioner with some oils and maybe band it but im afraid it wont turn out right. because i want my hair to hang not that it has some length so i need something heavy. Im looking for suggestions. im tired of buying things that dont work. thanks alot though. i may just do that
    Happy that Im Nappy:love3:
    Big chopped June 08
    Always looking for advice
    Especially about styles
    maintaining moisture
    and softness.
  • jgnellejgnelle Posts: 21Registered Users
    I feel the same way about my hair & i've been natural my whole life!! and my hair has never passed shoulder length although i dont really mind short hair becuz think it's less to deal with. When i get bored with styles i look up vids on how to "restyle" them eg. i would do mini twists & every week or so i would curl them, do braids, braid out, bantu knots etc... this is what i'm trying now to see if it lessens the "boredom" with hairstyles.
    Hair type: medium/thick, low porosity, no set curl definition = ???
    Prepoo: mix of aloe gel, castor, coconut/vatika oil
    Shampoo:
    Giovanni TTTT
    Detangler: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
    Leave-in: Elucence MBC + Aloe Gel
    Deep Condish: AOHSR
    Protein DC: AOGPB
    Stylers: Raw Shea butter mixed with Shea Moisture leave in
    Spritz: water, EMBC, aloe, castor oil, glycerin
    Oils:
    Coconut, Vatika, JBCO
    Want to try: GDLI
  • lawlaw Posts: 259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    When I am lazy I go with buns or bantu knots. I use to just wear head wraps when I got sick of my hair but with this new job it is not allowed.
    "You Tied that thing up outside?" said Kepler. "What if he got hungry and ate a mailman or a kindergarten class or something? The least you could do is tie a decent knot." Metzger's Dog by Thomas Perry
  • FronomenalFronomenal Posts: 712Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yea i stay on youtube but I was never good with hair so most youtube styles dont turn out right for me.
    I was never good with hair either. I am pretty good now because I made it a mission to learn how to style my hair.
    What i really want is to wash my hair, deep condition it, put in a really heavy leave in conditioner with some oils and maybe band it but im afraid it wont turn out right.
    Then do it! Try it out. Watch some YouTube videos, take notes and go to town. The only way to learn is to experiment.

• adst2nvadst2nv Posts: 215Registered Users
    I totally understand how you feel. I was so happy with my hair until about a month ago. It seems like I had a protein overload, and my hair just started breaking off. In my quest to bring the moisture back in it, it seems like my twistout just isn't looking the same :-(

As a heavy leave- in, many have raved about Kimmaytube's leave in. I've tried it and its great for moisture. I've only tried it the past week, but its wash day for me today, and I'm gonna reapply. I used the exact ingredients she used. If you are unfamiliar with the leave in, you can watch her videos explaining it on youtube. Plus you can google "kimmaytube's leave in" and see a plethora of reviews/comments.

I'm not a stylist myself on my own hair, but with a simple twistout/braidout you can get so many styles, just by using accessories. Also, have you considered going to a natural hairstylist? Maybe even a beauty school if you are concerned with paying a lot of money. Most schools now have at least one natural hair stylist-to-be on staff. Or what about flat ironing/ pressing it?

Last but not least- braided/twisted style with extensions or a sew-in? Last year when I was going though this same thing with my hair, I decided before I cut it or go back to being relaxed, I would just go to my braider and let her put some cute box braids in it. I wore tree braids for a month, then box braids for 8 weeks during the summer. When I took them down, my hair had retained a lot of length and I had a better appreciation for it because I missed it being loose.

Hang in there! I really hope this helps!
    4b mostly, with some 4a

BC'ed: Sept. 2009
    Loving my hair as God intended it to be!! :love7:
  • natural_dancer86natural_dancer86 Posts: 159Registered Users
    So im tired of doing my hair. Ive been natural 2years. its a nice length but ive run out of styles and i just want to bc. I just dont know what to do with it anymore. I dont like braids. Twists are getting boring. The twist and braids are fine but my hair is extra extra dry and it just ends up looking fuzzy and old quickly and i dont like it. i want to keep my length but im feeling i should just cut it because i dont know if im taking care of it properly which means it will fall out anyway. So help ladies. what do you do with your hair?

HA! I wish I had your length. I BC in May, I got like 5 inches of hair and wash-and-go gets so OLD..the lack of versatility is frustrating for me now because my extremely TIGHT curls refuse to stretch so twist don't do ...doo doo squat for me.

I had to get my vent on....
  • adst2nvadst2nv Posts: 215Registered Users

HA! I wish I had your length. I BC in May, I got like 5 inches of hair and wash-and-go gets so OLD..the lack of versatility is frustrating for me now because my extremely TIGHT curls refuse to stretch so twist don't do ...doo doo squat for me.

Hi there! Have you tried blow drying your hair to stretch it some? I do that because my hair shrinks something awful! Just make sure you use a good leave in conditioner or heat protectant. After blowdrying, I style in two strand twists overnight after applying my styler, and wear a twistout the next day.
    4b mostly, with some 4a

BC'ed: Sept. 2009
    Loving my hair as God intended it to be!! :love7:
  • natural_dancer86natural_dancer86 Posts: 159Registered Users
    adst2nv wrote: »
    [quote=natural_dancer86;1554188

Hi there! Have you tried blow drying your hair to stretch it some? I do that because my hair shrinks something awful! Just make sure you use a good leave in conditioner or heat protectant. After blowdrying, I style in two strand twists overnight after applying my styler, and wear a twistout the next day.[/quote]

Hello. Yes, I just recently purchased a blow dryer with a diffuser and concentrator attachment.

My curlies LOVE the diffuser but hate the concentrator. My tight curls turned into a frizz ball lookin' like a ball of LINT. Everything was going great until I used that darn concentrator.

I'm not going to give up...I will dry a different moisturizing styler to hold the curl to prevent frizz when using a concentrator.

My hair laughs at two strand twists....I'll try a flat twist out or get some corn rolls and twist it out.

I think that is a great idea. Diffuse, then use a concentrator to STRETCH then protective style over night for more stretching.

If all this don't work..I'm finnah' to get me a wig for awhile...I ain't playing lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file