Breakage Advice

I've been doing the CG method for quite a few months and everything is fine and dandy.. however..

I always used to use strengthening shampoo to prevent breakage, and now that I don't, my hair is breaking left and right!!! I hate it!

Any CG-friendly way to strengthen my hair? Maybe a vitamin? Maybe something I treat my hair with?

I'm a busy girl, so please nothing that will take forever! : )

I only brush with my fingers when there is conditioner in, so a brush isn't the cause of this breakage.
2bMii
medium to high porosity
medium elasticity
CG!

Shampoo once a week: Burt's Bees
Co-Wash: Suave Naturals
Conditioner: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
Styling: Ice Queen Method and Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel before plopping

Comments

• wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    I believe VO5 has a strengthening condish that you can CO-wash with, if that helps you. I'm not sure what else I could tell you....I'm sorry I can't help you any more! But check out that strengthening condish, and see if that cures your problem.

Good luck! :)
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • pinkwolfpinkwolf Posts: 430Registered Users Curl Novice
    When I had severe breakage I used to drink carrot juice and add carrot oil to my ends and my conditioner. For my DT I used cholesterol & black strap molasses (covered left on for 1 hour)1x per week. This works. hth
    *Natural 3C/TWA* :toothy7:
    Wash: BS/ACV, ABS, KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Garnier WB Honey Treasures
    , Garnier WB Apple & Green Tea
    Pre-Poo: Oils & Honey Mix
    DC: Garnier WB Honey Treasures Mask, SM 10-N-1

PT: Super Mayo Deep Conditioning Treatment
    Styler:
    KCCC
    Leave-In: KCKT
    Moisturizer:
    Whipped Shea Butter
    Oil/Sealant:
    EVCO, Jojoba
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Protein will help. You can get a little bottle of Neutral Protein Filler at Sally's. What I do with it is to add a few drops to my regular conditioner or deep treatment when my hair seems wimpy or fragile, and it seems to perk right up. It costs something like $2 per bottle, and I've been using the same bottle for something like two and a half years now, so it's very economical.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file