Whip My Hair figure skater

HennaRoHennaRo Posts: 520Registered Users
She's adorable, glad to see a black female skating...even though she's 9!

Video: Talented Child Of The Week: 9-Year-Old Figure Skater Does A Routine To Willow Smith's "Whip My Hair"
Last relaxer: January 08

BC: December 08

First and only time going natural:wav:
Holy Grails:love10:
*Terressential Pure Earth Hair Wash*Curl Junkie Deep Fix* Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion* Tresemme Naturals(Moisture)* Vo5 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Poo/Elucence Moisture Balancing Poo* Komaza Care Jojoba Hemp* Oyin Burnt Sugar:love10:

FOTKI!

Follow me on Twitter! muffinator22

Comments

• itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Posts: 1,084Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    OH MY GOD I HOPE SHE WON.
    :love4:
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
  • moosegrl_86moosegrl_86 Posts: 403Registered Users
    That was cute! She's very talented. Don't read the comments under that video though.
    Whoop whoop! :hello1:
    imager.php?id=1557276 GIFSoup
    Last relaxer: December 20, 2008
    4a/b, medium-fine, normal porosity & elasticity, thick
    Since you told me not to read the comments, of course I had to read the comments.
    Sickening. What is WRONG with people?!
  • HennaRoHennaRo Posts: 520Registered Users
    Since you told me not to read the comments, of course I had to read the comments.
    Sickening. What is WRONG with people?!

I was thinking the same thing. I try so hard to not read the comments but my curiosity always ruins it.

*Terressential Pure Earth Hair Wash*Curl Junkie Deep Fix* Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion* Tresemme Naturals(Moisture)* Vo5 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Poo/Elucence Moisture Balancing Poo* Komaza Care Jojoba Hemp* Oyin Burnt Sugar:love10:

FOTKI!

• EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I didn't read the comments. She was adorable but her bent leg was killing me!

:sad5:

Sorry it's a pet peeve...this is why I can't be a mother, lol!
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I dunno...She's good. And I love the song. I just don't think figure
    skating and hip-hop go together.

But ugh the comments. What racists go on worldstarhiphop.com?? nm, probably a lot, just to start something.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i thought it was cute and different. i would have really loved if she didn't have straight hair ;)
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • HennaRoHennaRo Posts: 520Registered Users
    Phoenix wrote: »

But ugh the comments. What racists go on worldstarhiphop.com?? nm, probably a lot, just to start something.

Figure skating and hip-hop don't go together, but at her age it's cute and probably not for a real competition. I hope at least.

LOL Elle I know what you mean!

FOTKI!

• pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Posts: 1,665Registered Users
    Too precious. I love that song as well. I remember when I was her age I wanted to be a figure skater . . . unfortunately, I wasn't as good as she is. I hope she won.
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: http://www.youtube.com/user/papiermachecurls

s-event.pngs-event.png
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    HennaRo wrote: »
    Phoenix wrote: »

Figure skating and hip-hop don't go together, but at her age it's cute and probably not for a real competition. I hope at least.

LOL Elle I know what you mean!
    Hahaha! Okay good...I didn't want to sound like I was hating on a nine year old but I was cringing! Especially because she was good at the jumps so I was like wait you can't straighten your leg?!?!? Her coach should have corrected that with a quickness!
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • Cali ChikCali Chik Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    I think hip hop and figure skating SHOULD go together. I'm sure more ppl would watch. I dunno... I tend to like figure skating routines that go against convention.

Anyway, the little girl was cute and talented. I agree with Elle tho... that bent leg was bothering me too.
    subbrock wrote: »
    - don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.

www.lifestarbeauty.com
    Hate me? Love me? then Follow me! www.twitter.com/vidastarr

• Hakim NuraldinHakim Nuraldin Posts: 1,467Registered Users
    Cali Chik wrote: »
    I think hip hop and figure skating SHOULD go together. I'm sure more ppl would watch. I dunno... I tend to like figure skating routines that go against convention.

Anyway, the little girl was cute and talented. I agree with Elle tho... that bent leg was bothering me too.

I'm with you. What's wrong with hip-hop and figure skating going together? The more that people keep their minds closed, the more they'll stay closed.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I couldn't see the comments. That's pretty good choreography; it's very hard to marry figure skating and hip hop and it was done well. And she is a very talented 9-year old!
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
    I think if it's the right type of hip hop, it can be blended into anything. Music is universal. Am I saying there needs to be some Waka Flocka Flame in ballet recitals? HELL no. Am I saying there's nothing wrong with a well written song/message and nice instrumentals appearing in a traditionally classical or artistic setting? Basically.

The only reason her bent leg didn't bother me was because her little 9 year old self could skate circles around my clueless butt. I'm sure if she were older it would be a huge problem, but for now I'd take it for what it was :P

(someone...should probably point that out to her though. LOL)
  • NickalNackNickalNack Posts: 29Registered Users
    Well I don't know anything about skate except that I like it when I see it, and I liked this! She was so cute. I'm desensitized to racist comments so that doesn't bother me. I'm sure she has a bright future ahead of her. n_n

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file