New Year's Resolutions 2011

eva223eva223 Posts: 197Registered Users
2011 is coming up! Who's come up with a new year's resolution?

For me it's this: By the end of 2011, I hope to have finished all the prerequisites for my graduate degree. Wish me luck!
3A | Dark Brown | Medium-Length

Curl pride! :cat:

Comments

• CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    We moved about a week and a half before Christmas so it's kind of crazy around here. My resolution is to have the tree down and the house unpacked by the end of January. Don't laugh. I've left Christmas wreaths up so long that birds have nested in them. I hate taking the Christmas stuff down!

Also, lose weight, run a marathon, organize my closets, pay off debt, get something published, and travel! Just kidding!
  • kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
    go to grad school and pay off some debts......damn, that seems counter intuitive :D
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,765Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Mine is to get healthy again. I'm still down in my back and suffering from vertigo from my concussion. I have an appointment Thursday afternoon with a different doc. I also found a pea size lump in my right breast. Guess this will motivate me to get the mammogram I've been putting off.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Same as every year...to become the person I want to be. She's thin, fit, nice, and organized. Not sure I'll ever get there, but I keep trying.
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,163Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    To find a new job. I cannot bear the thought of still doing this one next New Year.
    To do a course of some sort - something arty/crafty related, just for me.
    To not procrastinate.
    3b in South Australia.
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    I try to have regular "resolutions" for myself throughout the year, so I don't really make official New Year's ones. I'm in the dissertation phase of my PhD, so I have a schedule I'm holding myself accountable to. Completing those tasks on time is my biggest resolution!

Also, I'm not taking an art class this winter, but I want to take one again in the spring. I think it's important to keep that side of my brain active, even though I'm super busy working full time and getting my PhD!

And finally, I want to make better choices about my eating. And not just each because I'm stressed, or order take out because I'm lazy!
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,210Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Lotsawaves wrote: »
    Mine is to get healthy again. I'm still down in my back and suffering from vertigo from my concussion. I have anappointment Thursday afternoon with a different doc. I also found a pea size lump in my right breast. Guess this will motivate me to get the mammogram I've been putting off.

Lotsa, please take care of this right away. Puhleeezee - I don't know you IRL but I like you big time just from your posts. (((HUGS)))
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Yeah, lotsa, how long have you been putting this off? :sad9:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    Find a job and a place to live. Because it looks like that ain't happening anytime soon. Sigh_emoticon.gif

Lotsa, please get yourself checked out ASAP! I hope it's nothing serious.
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    1) Go to the doctor (also about lump in my breast I had an ultrasound at end of June and they told me I could have an operation or leave it and come back in 3 months). Its been 6 and I keep putting it off to - so I should go back again. I guess its another fibroadenoma like I had 4 years ago.

2) Loose wight/eat better/exercise more

3) Get a proper job

4) Get my illustration/art career moving (i.e get a commission and/or an agent

5) Build up savings
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    1) Paint the back of my house;

2) Figure out some relationship stuff that's too embarrassing to admit here.
  • CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Posts: 3,079Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    1) Eat healthier. I gotta lay off the processed junk food.

2) Pay off my car and half my student loan debt.

3) Save enough money for a down payment on a house by next January
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
  • KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Please, Lotsa, go to the doctor, ASAP. By ASAP, I mean: tomorrow!

For me, well, I want to be healthy, too. I've been going to the gym for two years now, but I'm not always as consistant as I should be, so my goal is to continue going to the gym, at least 3 times per week. Dog needs to be healthy, too, so I'm wanting to add more doggie walks into the week as well.
    3a/2c
    Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
    AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon
  • lldm2lldm2 Posts: 173Registered Users
    To try to be more optimistic, eat healthier, exercise more, more confidence. Etc.
    3c/4a

Wanting;
    APL/MBL
  • lauraloolauraloo Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    KurlyKae wrote: »

I 2nd this. Take care of yourself Lotsa!

I am resolving to get back to a comfortable weight for myself. I know my eating will normalize again when school starts back up, but I want to work more exercise into my routine as well. More time outside is definitely a goal-- hiking, maybe bike riding, etc.

I will be getting my doctoral degree next December, so I am resolving to work hard during my internships and make the most of the last phase of my (formal) education. I will also need to work out a study schedule for my Boards. Studying is so much fun :blah5:
    Not all who wander are lost.

Fine and thin 3a. PW: curls
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make this thread about me.

I am taking care of this. I found the lump a week ago and I am on top of it. I have a doc's appointment on Thursday for all of my health problems. I know I'll need a mamo and my son in law knows a very, very good doc if I will need surgery. I'm in good hands.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
    Lotsawaves wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make this thread about me.

I am taking care of this. I found the lump a week ago and I am on top of it. I have a doc's appointment on Thursday for all of my health problems. I know I'll need a mamo and my son in law knows a very, very good doc if I will need surgery. I'm in good hands.

Lota, no need to apologize sweetie, you didn't hijack the thread at all. You're a luv and we're all just glad you are on top of it!:toothy4:

I'm still thinking about what my resolutions will be, but I have a lot in common with what many of the other posters are saying.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    lauraloo wrote: »
    KurlyKae wrote: »

I 2nd this. Take care of yourself Lotsa!

I am resolving to get back to a comfortable weight for myself. I know my eating will normalize again when school starts back up, but I want to work more exercise into my routine as well. More time outside is definitely a goal-- hiking, maybe bike riding, etc.

I will be getting my doctoral degree next December, so I am resolving to work hard during my internships and make the most of the last phase of my (formal) education. I will also need to work out a study schedule for my Boards. Studying is so much fun :blah5:

Why are some tests called "Boards"? Is it because passing means one is "board certified"?
  • KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    No need to apologize, Lotsa! Just want you to be healthy. When I had a lump in my breast a few years back, I was all but scared stiff. If it hadn't been my doc who found it, who knows how I might have reacted, I may have needed a kick. All was fine, btw. A benign cyst, and the needle biopsy was easy as pie, once I realized the surgeon was the partner of my student's dad, and not his dad. (Just didn't want "Matt's" dad poking around in my breast:sad5:)

Anyway, back to our resolutions!
    3a/2c
    Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
    AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    1) take better care of myself. Like Speckla's siggie says "Love yourself and everyone will follow suit" I've been neglecting myself for too long.

2) to not have any regrets this year.

3) to find a job where I'm happy and well compensated.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • lauraloolauraloo Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    ninja dog wrote: »
    lauraloo wrote: »
    I will also need to work out a study schedule for my Boards. Studying is so much fun :blah5:

Why are some tests called "Boards"? Is it because passing means one is "board certified"?

Precisely :)
    Not all who wander are lost.

Fine and thin 3a. PW: curls
  • PoochiePoochie Posts: 314Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    1) to get to and maintain my ideal weight. Actually I'm very close :icon_smile:
    2) to go to a series of laser hair removal appoinments. I don't mind the procedure or even the money, I just am slack about scheduling them and actually going

3) to be NICE. Sometimes I get frustrated and angry, as I'm sure most people do... but I should learn to handle it better.

I wish I could add "Find New Love" as a resolution, but I don't think it works that way. I guess it happens when it's meant to. But I can resolve to do more things to make finding love more likely, so...

4)Find new hobbies and activities and meet new people.

Specifically, I should learn to dance. Even at my age. I've believed all my life that I can't dance, but I don't know that I've really tried. I think I'm just afraid of looking stupid.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,715Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    1) I got super lazy about working out and eating right the last few months. January and February are set aside to get back in the groove. Family and friends have already been warned - don't ask me to go out to eat, don't bring me food, just leave me be.

2) I really need to learn how to zip my lip and let things go, especially with my dad and boss. They both really get to me. Most things they say make me want to kick them in the nuts. Instead I just argue, gripe, and tell them off, which doesn't make things better. Hey, the world won't end if they continue to be rude to people, to say stupid things, to drive me nuts. I need to learn how to put them on 'ignore'. I don't have any ideas yet, but hopefully I'll be able to figure out a way.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I need to like myself more. I can be my own worst enemy. My thoughts about myself are very mean. If anyone else ever said the things I say to myself, I would disown their friendship.
    I'm going to try to be more positive about myself, about my relationship with my husband...in spite of his flaws (that I've mentioned here before), he is a great guy and he does so much for me...I need to appreciate him more and to show my appreciation.

So, I guess just mainly a positive attitude adjustment.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i resolve to have a happy, healthy, hot and lasting love relationship!!!

i resolve to grow my hair out to shoulder length when wet (this is a hair board, lol).

i resolve to cook at home more and make interesting meals.

on a side note, things i'm happy to have accomplished this year...i performed in the belly dance holiday showcase, i had pretty nice skin most of the year, i got promoted to director, i loved myself and treated myself well and cut out a lot of negative energy in my life.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
    I like luvmylocs idea of cooking more at home and making interesting meals. I use to do this, but I've been neglecting myself. I need to set a nice table with a candle and serve myself a glass of wine ( in a wine glass). I think a New Years Resolution to all of us is to treat ourselves like company. We deserve it.
    From Michael Berg:

• CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Posts: 2,983Registered Users
    I resolve to take action. I am a procrastinator by nature, so I want to do the things i've put off, and stop putting things off in general.
    made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif
    I resolve to live more in the present. Whenever I catch myself mourning past losses, or ruminating about things in the past which I wish had been different, or fuming about people in the past who "done me wrong" or all the things I wish I had done differently, or worrying about every damn thing that might happen to me in the future, e.g., cancer, terrorists, invasion of the body snatchers etc., I will remind myself:

Be Here Now.

That way I won't waste Now fretting about the past which I can't change and worrying about the future which I can't control. :thumbleft:

Lots of other areas of my life could sorely use helpful resolutions but I'll start with this one.
    Curlypearl, so much wisdom to your words.

We should all live by this.

Should have, could have needs to be left behind and we need to move forward. Love you, girl.
    From Michael Berg:

• quickcurlquickcurl Posts: 1,310Registered Users
    Curlypearl - YES!! I also have to be more present in the here and now and stop mourning or rehashing the past.

I need to take care of my health and make it a priority. Even though I'm still in my 30s, I just "feel" like I need to check on the things that are in my family history - heart issues, diabetes, cancer. I'm horribly frightened of medical tests, especially having blood taken, but I need to be a big girl and do it.

I need to make my family, especially my parents, a priority. I need to spend time with them while I still have them because the reality is that I may only have my dad for another year or two and I never want to wake up and realize that I didn't spend enough time with him.

In 2011, I want to decide on what I'm doing in the baby department. I want to figure out if I'm capable of getting pregnant, and if I'm not, then what road am I going to take and how much money will I need to save up to do it.

And in a crazy, not realistic but I don't care kind of way, I want to meet and procreate (or at least participate in procreation activity) with Jared Leto. :thumbleft:
    "It's hard to remember a time, when I didn't have you", Richie Sambora
    "Boys are bad and men are stupid", WB's
    "After a while, you just want to be with the one that makes you laugh" Mr. Big

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file