Your purse

AG.AG. Posts: 1,519Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Is your SO ashamed to carry it?

Personally, I'm not ashamed at all.
Northern Colombia.

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Nope. He'll carry my purse, no problem. He's also spent a fair amount of time carrying Barbie dolls for our daughter.
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    He only get annoyed from a "this is yours, why aren't *you* carrying it?" perspective-- but no, not ashamed.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    He doesn't mind holding onto it for a minute or two, long enough for me to finish whatever it was that was occupying my hands.
  • Lucky CharmLucky Charm Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    He offered to hold my purse for me while I ran into a public restroom on our first date :love7:
    - 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo
    - LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
    - treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
    - plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
  • ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Posts: 2,264Registered Users
    Not in the least. Offers to hold it or even carry it for me all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    He will carry it, offer to hold it if he knows it will get in my way while shopping, offer to hold it if he thinks I won't need it while going to the restroom, and carry the pink diaper bag.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    nope!!
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I've never asked anyone to carry my purse or me. But I've asked men to hold it for me for a minute and have never had anyone say no.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • OBBOBB Posts: 4,174Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    if anyone woman asks me to hold their purse i would immediately go through it and grab 100$ b/c i believe thats the cost to get my manhood back from the man club.
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    Nah, he doesn't care about that kind of thing.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    nm
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    In the beginning my SO gave me the devil of a time when I asked him ONCE to hold my purse as I got something out of the car. I was sooo miffed. When I asked him about it, he was like "that's not what men do". I was like....ummmm you better let that sh*t go, it's not like I'm asking you to wear my dress so that I know how it will look on me" He was also annoyed when I gave him the grocery bags/shopping bags to carry and put at his feet if we were riding in my car.

Some men are confused and think that them holding your purse means that they are a sissy.... I don't get it.

Nowadays, he has no problem with doing ANYTHING for me. I don't make him carry my purse (I would never do that to anyone) but at least hold it when I need to get something
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • PhDCowPhDCow Posts: 1,621Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    He only complains when it doesn't match his outfit. ;)
    God doesn't give special kids to special parents. He takes ordinary, imperfect people, and gifts them with his greatest treasures. And therein, he creates special parents.

• wonderdiana - shopaholic takes a napwonderdiana - shopaholic takes a nap Posts: 1,728Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think he's carried it a few times... he'd rather carry the shopping bags.
    2C/3A -- wurly!
  • AG.AG. Posts: 1,519Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Eilonwy wrote: »
    Do you think this may be viewed differently in Colombia than in the US?

Nah, it's the same. Some are ashamed, some couldn't care less.
    Northern Colombia.
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    I've never asked anyone to carry my purse or me. But I've asked men to hold it for me for a minute and have never had anyone say no.

Me too. He'll hold my purse for a second while I'm putting on my jacket, for example, so I don't have to try to juggle it in my hands, or balance it between my knees. I've never asked anyone to carry it for me, though. I mean, how rude! I have no problem with a guy carrying his daughter's barbies, or a diaper bag when out with the kids...but there is NO reason to ask your man-friend to carry your purse. What's wrong with your arms? If you can't carry it, then you shouldn't have it with you.
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    OBB wrote: »
    if anyone woman asks me to hold their purse i would immediately go through it and grab 100$ b/c i believe thats the cost to get my manhood back from the man club.
    PhDCow wrote: »

:D both funny comments.. lol

Hey, if I can wash his drawers he can hold my purse for a minute. And he doesn't mind anyways.. I have a pretty androgynous "purse". It's a backpack.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    When I'm w/ him, I never have my purse w/ me, just ID...
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• redhedgrlTredhedgrlT Posts: 178Registered Users
    My DH is good. He has never complained about it. Especially if he wants me to hold all of his crap in my purse(wallet, sunglasses,phone,etc) he better hold it for me if I need him too :)

He has even picked up feminine products for me the one and only time I asked him. He is a keeper :)
    Texture: Medium
    Porosity: Normal
    Elasticity: Normal

I guess i am just average go figure.
  • BefrizzledBefrizzled Posts: 3,854Registered Users

Same here. SO will occasionally keep it and carry it around a section of a clothing store if I'm actively trying on jackets or something, as I do with his coat or shopping bags if he's doing the trying-on, but he never just carries it for me.
    Under construction.
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    My husband will hold it for me if I've got my arms full of other stuff and he's never complained about it.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • OBBOBB Posts: 4,174Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    PhDCow wrote: »

i dont LOL too often but this made me do it :thumbleft:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file